Forum Initiation

Brainless Void

Um, can someone give me the forum welcoming/initiation thing about sanity. I joined the forums since late February this year but I havent had the priveledge of recieving or hearing the initiation thing.

Some of you might think that this is silly but this is a big deal for me. I will be grateful to anyone from the forums that will do this for me.

tbh i don't even like the forum greeting much, i wish it'd at least be kept to General rather than the game forums because it feels sorta weirdly dismissive to me for someone to be greeted like that when their first post is asking for help with a game, but this is General and you asked nicely so there you go

For some people, by the time they have made their first post asking for help there is some indication that they have lost some sanity trying to figure out a solution to their problem. The greeting serves as a reminder to store anything that is left in a secure place.

I hope I have some left because I heard the reminder after making 57 posts. LOL

I had no idea it would be a bad sign for the forums. Sorry that I had to ask for it.

As Lilith observed, this is on us, not you. Someone ought to have got around to it long before you had to ask for it. Mostly likely, after we dropped the ball initially, we all assumed you'd already been initiated.

Clearly, you knew the drill anyway, so perhaps you've been paying the sanity tithe. If not, we can settle up retroactively.

The real question is how did the post about sanity come to be? There had to be someone that created it-Alorael, Randomizer? I doubt jeff did as jeff never went on forums.

i forget who exactly put it in there but i do remember that it started as part of the forum header for the old Misc forum, which was like General but with less useful discussion and more, uh, everything else

Also, FWIW, although Jeff was never on the forums constantly, he did use to come on a bit more than he does now.

The forum greeting has always struck me as akin to Spiderweb's motto (now on the About Us page but once prominently featured at the top of the entry page): "Where our aberrations become your reality."

tbh i don't even like the forum greeting much, i wish it'd at least be kept to General rather than the game forums because it feels sorta weirdly dismissive to me for someone to be greeted like that when their first post is asking for help with a game, but this is General and you asked nicely so there you go

it feels a little mean in any context really, and a bit of a relic of a time when non-bottom-feeder internet culture was more casually ableist

(not an accusation or anything, just an extended sigh)