Exile Online?

crossmr

I remember some time ago.. coming across a site that mentioned something about a game being done called Exile online..it had the classic graphics.. and I remember very little beyond that.. I can't even recall how long ago it was.

Does anyone know anything about this? ( I don't think Jeff had anything to do with it from what I remember)

I think there was a client, and I can't recall why at the time I didn't download it and try it out.

I just thought of it now because someone had mentioned something about free online games, and having just gotten back into this it struck me as odd that I never followed up on it..i'm trying to google it..but finding way to much unrelated stuff to dig through.

I do recall that it was plainly called Exile Online.

if the mud was text based, no i'm not..this was seemingly an online version of exile using the same graphics.

[edit]From all my searching, I'm fairly sure this is a dead project now... when I saw this it was upwards of like 3-4 years ago at least...

(its just so tough to search because exile is such a popular name)

Quote:
Originally written by crossmr:
Quote:
Originally written by Prince Albert in a Can:
Kaimorad was a fixed BoE. Jeff was not happy to hear about it.
what do you mean by fixed BoE? I didn't know it was broken?
http://www.geocities.com/blyceum/DForum/023.html , http://www.geocities.com/blyceum/DForum/034.html , http://www.geocities.com/blyceum/DForum/041.html .

T Thuryl do you know whether Kaimorad was a hacked/recompiled version of Blades of Exile, or a complete rewrite? Because the former proves to be intensely difficult (BoE's internals are like Sesame Street, except without the sesame or the street and with extra rape), and any rewrite of BoE would logically turn into something completely different. That's what happened with Pyg. I still remember the IRC discussion where (I think it was still Gemini at the time, too) we decided that reverse compatibility didn't matter -- and the floodgates opened.

Aceron implied that Kaimorad was genuinely a hacked version of BoE; whether it was still capable of playing normal BoE scenarios I don't know. He did post a guide on h*x-*d*t*ng BoE savefiles, and once claimed that he could insert spells into BoE with pretty much any effect he liked for purposes of cheating through a scenario, so he'd obviously made some progress finding his way around BoE's viscera.