Scenario recommendations?

Zeviz

Could somebody recommend me a few good scenarios that I will like. I generally play RPGs for their plot, but I am a bit bored right now, so some fast-paced action would be good too. I don't like puzzles, although somewhat difficult combat is ok. Finally, I don't have either time or patience for an epic scenario.

So do you have any suggestions?

PS More examples of my tastes: I liked Election and Alcritas' scenarios, abandoned At the Gallows several times because it was too long and puzzles were too frustrating. Currently I've abandoned Geneforge 3 from boredom.

Thanks for your recommendations.

I guess I'll start with Emulations and will try other suggestions later. I've downloaded Emulations and have a small question about it: The instructions say to use a certain character, however they don't say anything about his traits. Can I give him "Magically Apt", or would that cause me too much disadvantage from getting less experience? (I've never played scenarios indended for specific 1-PC parties before, unless you count Elections.)

If no traits are specifically mentioned, I'd say don't go with any. It won't make much difference, anyway, because before long - Oh, I'd better keep my mouth shut. wink

Trouble with reading CSR is so many people post gigantic spoilers.

EDIT: Good to see you're getting back into BoE, BTW.

Thanks. smile

About getting back into BoE, would you recommend BoE or BoA for scenario design? (I am professional programmer, which means that on one hand I am not afraid of complicated scripts, but on the other hand I don't want to do in the evenings the same stuff I do at work whole day.)

Depends on a few things. If I make a new scenario it'll be BoE, because that's what I prefer to play. IIRC, you like the Avernum engine better, so that won't be a factor for you.

Aside from that, BoE is probably quicker and easier, if you just want to tell a story. If you want to do anything particularly special or technical, BoA will probably save you a lot of frustrating wonky workarounds.

And there's always the consideration that at this point a new BoA scenario will get played by more people, and thus get you more adulation. smile

Spears is not as big as AtG, but it's still huge. And it also has a lot of puzzles. Just so you know.

Forsaken And SotS are indeed very good, though maybe not what you're looking for right now. I'd also throw in the one that comes between them, Brotherhood of the Hand.

Chains has a certain amount of similarity to Election.

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions. I've just finished Emulations and it was perfect for the kind of scenarios I currently like.

Now I'll try the next things on suggestions list.

PS About puzzles in scenarios, they are good if they feel natural and can be solved quickly. However, if I have to waste hours trying possible combinations and/or go online looking for solutions, it breaks the atmosphere of the scenario.