What are the hardest classes to play in each game?

I remember playing the Geneforge games back when I was younger and they hold a lot of nostalgia value for me, as well as just being overall fun and an experience. They are definitely my favorite of Jeff's games.

I'd like to play through them all again starting with the first game, and I was curious what classes are the hardest to play in each of the games. I'll be playing on Torment as it gives me something to work towards achieving.

In GF1 a melee guardian has a harder time just because you spend so much time closing with range attacking monsters like vlish near the beginning. Then in GF2 you get parry and it isn't as hard.

Pretty much all the classes are equal depending upon how much you summon creations. A guardian with out creations suffers because he is attacking one versus a swarm, but even then he can get enough armor and parry to still be effective.

In the end it comes down to how well you can figure out tactics for a class. There are all sorts of game exploits that make each class easier to play once you get them. From ducking back around a corner to avoid retaliation to sending creations ahead of you to clear the way.

Welcome back to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It helps to resolve the conflicting advice. :)

In GF1 a melee guardian has a harder time just because you spend so much time closing with range attacking monsters like vlish near the beginning. Then in GF2 you get parry and it isn't as hard.

Pretty much all the classes are equal depending upon how much you summon creations. A guardian with out creations suffers because he is attacking one versus a swarm, but even then he can get enough armor and parry to still be effective.

In the end it comes down to how well you can figure out tactics for a class. There are all sorts of game exploits that make each class easier to play once you get them. From ducking back around a corner to avoid retaliation to sending creations ahead of you to clear the way.

Welcome back to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It helps to resolve the conflicting advice. :)

Thank's so much for the info! I suppose I'll go with a guard for the first game and then just pick what I feel like playing each game after.

Thanks for the welcome back also, I'll be sure to leash my sanity to the lamp post outside the door :).

It simply because most others are talking about torment.

Guardians do better damage than agents, and can take a little more. Agents only have range, plus the engine in GF1 allow movement after attack.

The increase in difficulty level makes the life of guardians very hard, but only much for hit-and-run agents.

I finished Geneforge 1 on torment using a Shaper and a Guardian; I stopped allocating skill points around level 10 or so and the game was still pretty easy for both playthroughs. I ended up with 72 unused skill points for the Shaper (level 22) and 73 for the Guardian (level 23). I would say try doing that with no creations for the Guardian if you're looking for a challenge (the Shaper was still pathetically easy). The Guardian finish was pretty rewarding for me though; I still feel like I actually accomplished something even though I know it's just a game.