Maximum Critical Hit Chance?

Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone would know what the maximum chance of critically hitting an enemy with a physical attack would be? I have a character with the Slith Bloodspear, 12 Lethal Blow, and the Farsight Longbow equipped for when I'm not using missile weapons. If I had to guess, I would say I critically hit about 60% of the time.

In addition, does equipping a longbow increase the chance of critically hitting with a melee weapon? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Longbow: yes.

Your level is also an important factor in crit chance. Your crit chance from equipment above plus base 5% is going to be 59% plus half a percent per level. (It's possibly also impacted by enemy level, we're not clear.) Presumably you can reach 100% crit chance, though I'm not sure it's been explicitly tested.

I decided to do a quick test. After giving my lv 61 character all the best items I had hoarded, I reached a pure critical hit chance bonus of 10+8+10+3+8+8=47%, 10+2 Lethal Blow (36%?) and 5+5 Luck (10%?), so alongside the ~30% level-based bonus and the 5% base chance, my total critical hit chance should have pretty clearly been at least 100%.

Out of 500 non-missing Bolt of Fire attacks against a normal low-level Hellhound in a random outdoor encounter, 10 (or 2%) were not critical hits (assuming I never missed the red ‘Critical!’ text that flashes on the screen for like a fraction of a second). So, there is a cap of slightly less than 100%, but it should be high enough to practically never affect standard gameplay.