slith charm help

Heh, I remember that bit well... I felt UNREASONABLY proud when I figured that out right from the start. "Huh, a row of pools behind a temple... I remember this from Gnass! A ritual of purification, right? Yeah, I know how this is supposed to go..." Look at me, respecting other cultures like a boss!

Come to think of it... the Vahnatai 'ritual of welcoming' or whatnot was very similar - if a tad more complex - wasn't it? I wonder if that hints at some sort of cultural mingling in the dim past. After all, the Sliths are cave-dwelling natives, unlike the human and Nephilim interlopers. Which just makes it more odd that the Vahnatai claim not to have known of the Sliths before this Awakening. On the other hand, one of the Crystal Souls DOES mention that the Vahnatai, due to having long lives, tend to forget a lot of things... hmmmmm.

...this is making more and more sense. Both in the first game and in this one, you can get straight, clear communication from the 'nice' Slith-gods by performing the proper rituals at the shrine in Gnass. Those are the ONLY 'gods' you ever make clear, unambiguous contact with. What if those Slith Gods are actually some kind of slith equivalent of Crystal Souls, inhabiting statues instead of crystals? Call them Granite Souls, maybe. Guiding their people from beyond the veil of death... it fits with their ancestory-worshipping culture. I think I sense a whole new slew of headcanon coming on here... >_>

I would venture a guess that the vahnatai's Resting began before the Avernite sliths were exiled from Bahssikava. In other words, although the vahnatai had once occupied Avernite lands, they would have never met the slithzerikai. Even if the vahnatai are forgetful, you'd think they'd remember encountering a whole other intelligent species.

Come to think of it... the Vahnatai 'ritual of welcoming' or whatnot was very similar - if a tad more complex - wasn't it? I wonder if that hints at some sort of cultural mingling in the dim past. After all, the Sliths are cave-dwelling natives, unlike the human and Nephilim interlopers. Which just makes it more odd that the Vahnatai claim not to have known of the Sliths before this Awakening. On the other hand, one of the Crystal Souls DOES mention that the Vahnatai, due to having long lives, tend to forget a lot of things... hmmmmm.

well, i mean, there might have been other groups of vahnatai back where the sliths originally came from

well, i mean, there might have been other groups of vahnatai back where the sliths originally came from

Right? And we know that communication between the tribes are shoddy - Rentar-Ihrno admits that she only knows for sure that she's the greatest mage in THIS particular tribe, and can only ASSUME that she's the greatest in existence. Considering that the Sliths 'came up' from deeper caves, and that the Vanhatai always live IN deeper caves, it seems quite likely that the Sliths who originally exiled the Avernum-Sliths we all know and love, cohabited with some remote Vahnatai tribe before the last Long Sleep, and picked up a lot of their religious and cultural practices from them.

She might not even be quite the greatest among the Olgai. Oth-Ihrno says she is "the greatest of the Ihrnos awake." Which suggests certainly that she isn't the greatest ever, at least as of the Resting. No doubt she started gathering power like crazy after she started scrying on Garzahd and Erika et al.