Some nitpicks

DeltanAmbassador

Noticed some protection from items in the Rubacus scenario either don't work, or something else. The Vulcan Gloves with Fire Protection for example I've noticed don't stack with another Fire Prot item for -75% damage. It's either the gloves or whatever other Fire Prot item you have, but equipping both wont do anything for ya (discover walking through lavas in Demon Island.)

BoE doesn't show the bonuses for various things like Giant Str or items with extra stats like Str so it's hard to know what things are doing, which is better, etc. Skill Rings ya kinda can guess Golds are +15%, Silver +10% etc, but the large number of Giant Str, and +Str items have ya scratching your head. Exile 3 would show the bonus equipping things like this. Issue being, is FS' 'Gauntlets of Power' better bonus-wise than another scenarios' standard 'Gloves of Giant Strength' or whatever? Is the 12 def GoP a higher bonus than the 8 def 0 Encumb versions?

The Boots of Speed in the New Market scenario are +2 movement points, the version in Demon Island is only +1. And Boots and a Ring of Speed don't add together like they did in E3.

I assume the variability of item bonuses are set by the designer of the scenario and not a pre-decided thing so uniform across all scenarios, but it's really annoying. :)

For items with the Giant Strength and Skill abilities, the bonus is probably the same as or similar to what's shown in the Defence field (or if it's a weapon, the Damage field). This is actually a bug that I've fixed, though.

Regarding stacking, you're right that the various abilities don't stack with those of the same type in original BoE. It just takes the first equipped item it finds with that ability. This is something that I changed at some point.

I agree that showing the bonuses is a good idea. I'll add that on the todo list.

For items with the Giant Strength and Skill abilities, the bonus is probably the same as or similar to what's shown in the Defence field (or if it's a weapon, the Damage field). This is actually a bug that I've fixed, though.

Regarding stacking, you're right that the various abilities don't stack with those of the same type in original BoE. It just takes the first equipped item it finds with that ability. This is something that I changed at some point.

I agree that showing the bonuses is a good idea. I'll add that on the todo list.

Well no, some stacking works. Rings of Fire Res with a Ruby Charm gives you the 75% reduction. And the Cloaks of the Magi and Ring of Resistance stacks for the Fire, Magic and presumedly the other two (haven't seen cold enough to say if it does with certainty, but since the other two do work I'm assuming.) It's only (so far) the Vulcan Gloves which wont then stack with a 2nd item of either the rings or charms. Is there a "stacks with others of its kind" switch he chose not to set or something?

Also, if making a BoE 2 sorta thing, making ranged physical attacks as with bows, xbows, slings, and throwers a viable weapon choice would be nice. As it is, the lack of damage makes them little more than a once in a very great while solution. But if we're to have Nephil racial bonuses for archery, how about we give them a significant boost in damage with such things so they actually make kills on par with their melee brethren? Admittedly, a ranged attack has the advantage of striking from range so the damage shouldn't be exactly equal to a sword like, but it should be enough to actually kill things before they can close in to melee the archer.

Dunno if it's possible, but some sort of 'repeat last command' would be nice. Especially in the case of archery attacks. Having to mouse down to the arrow button and pick your target makes archery attacks quite tedious when melee you just 'move into' the target. And for things like alchemy, a hotkey to make last potion would be cool. Pretty fast as it is, but the inconvenience of 4 or so keys isn't preventing me from maxxing gold when needed so may as well make a hotkey for it. :)

Well no, some stacking works. Rings of Fire Res with a Ruby Charm gives you the 75% reduction. And the Cloaks of the Magi and Ring of Resistance stacks for the Fire, Magic and presumedly the other two (haven't seen cold enough to say if it does with certainty, but since the other two do work I'm assuming.) It's only (so far) the Vulcan Gloves which wont then stack with a 2nd item of either the rings or charms. Is there a "stacks with others of its kind" switch he chose not to set or something?

There isn't such a switch. It's strange that Ruby Charm stacks with Ring of Fire Resistance, because from what I recall from reading through the code, they shouldn't be. I could be remembering wrong, though. I don't know what a Cloak of the Magi does, but it might be stacking with the Ring of Resistance because it's actually a different ability? Ring of Resistance has the Full Protection ability. I don't know what Cloak of the Magi has.

Basically, whether things stack depends entirely upon how the code checked for their presence. For some abilities, it simply took the first one it found. For others, it looped through and took all the items it found.

Also, if making a BoE 2 sorta thing, making ranged physical attacks as with bows, xbows, slings, and throwers a viable weapon choice would be nice. As it is, the lack of damage makes them little more than a once in a very great while solution. But if we're to have Nephil racial bonuses for archery, how about we give them a significant boost in damage with such things so they actually make kills on par with their melee brethren? Admittedly, a ranged attack has the advantage of striking from range so the damage shouldn't be exactly equal to a sword like, but it should be enough to actually kill things before they can close in to melee the archer.
There was a bug regarding missiles and/or archery where the wrong skill was checked - I think one of them was checking defense skill. I'm not sure if fixing that bug addresses your concern, though; if you're using the Windows Classic BoE, it's likely that it's already been fixed.

Dunno if it's possible, but some sort of 'repeat last command' would be nice. Especially in the case of archery attacks. Having to mouse down to the arrow button and pick your target makes archery attacks quite tedious when melee you just 'move into' the target. And for things like alchemy, a hotkey to make last potion would be cool. Pretty fast as it is, but the inconvenience of 4 or so keys isn't preventing me from maxxing gold when needed so may as well make a hotkey for it. :)

More hotkeys is certainly something that could be done, though it might be a little difficult to find unused keys. I already added hotkeys for bash and pick lock so that you can skip the dialog that pops up. >_> I also think it would be nice to have hotkeys to move the view around while looking/targeting (as if clicking on the edge of the terrain area) and hotkeys to select a target. I could perhaps steal Avernum's idea and put letters on all the possible monster targets, but then you'd still have to click manually if you want to target it off a monster. Or maybe there's a reasonable way to assign a separate key to each of the 81 spaces visible... or a pair of keys... perhaps set it up so that you could type something like "c7" to select a target?