Crystal Souls: Secret room in Giant Fortress (DARN FENCES)

In the Giant Fort, northern Avernum, the hellhound stables has all these little fences preventing you from getting into them. The hellhounds can use their leap to escape, which is a pretty cool design feature. Also creatures can be knocked back over them.

Anyway, there's a switch on the wall there that opens a secret door inside one of the stables. All I can see in there is a single magical barrier. I can't find any way to get to the barrier to dispel it and find out what's behind: There are no other switches I can find (and I've cleared the map), the mage's blink spell doesn't let me teleport across, Move Mountains can't find anything to destroy,

How am I supposed to get across? Is someone supposed to get knocked back over there and stuck? Seems like a recipe for disaster if your party leader got knocked over and then combat ended getting the whole team stuck forever. If it's supposed to be an escape route in case of that, why is the switch on the other side of the fence and why is there a barrier there? I'm so confused! Is there just an item I need to find for teleportation on tactical maps? (I know the Orb of Thralni lets you fly around on the worldmap in EFTP, but I don't have it yet in CS and doubt a tactical version of it was added)

• 2 weeks later...