Tool Use and Cave Lore

Those are absolute maximums. You miss almost nothing (and nothing unique) by getting TU to 10, which means 9 plus Tinker's Gloves.

Cave Lore is never actually profitable at any level. I recommend skipping it unless you really want the achievement, and in that case, just buy training from Tor.

Those are absolute maximums. You miss almost nothing (and nothing unique) by getting TU to 10, which means 9 plus Tinker's Gloves.

Also, if you care about having level 3 Icy Rain, make sure to put at least 8 points of that Tool Use on a single character, because it's behind a hidden switch in a solo area with a Tool Use requirement.

Also, if you care about having level 3 Icy Rain, make sure to put at least 8 points of that Tool Use on a single character, because it's behind a hidden switch in a solo area with a Tool Use requirement.

Speaking of stacking TU on a single character, make sure to have 5 TU on someone before starting the big one way rafting trip. There is a chance for some nice grave robbing (without a big fight unlike the original A2) in a solo area halfway down the river.

That's not strictly necessary. You can just set off the trap and kill the Revenant.

...okay, on Torment maybe it's strictly necessary :)

EDIT: Actually, I bet you could set off the trap, run back to the portal, leave the zone and return, and the spawned monster would be gone. Not sure though.

EDIT: Actually, I bet you could set off the trap, run back to the portal, leave the zone and return, and the spawned monster would be gone. Not sure though.

He won't. But if you went with your tank character, you should be able to take all items during 2 turns, and your tanky char should easily survive this and following escape. I did like this, leaving that undead behind teleporter.

That's not strictly necessary. You can just set off the trap and kill the Revenant.

...okay, on Torment maybe it's strictly necessary :)

I just used my priest, summoned a shade before triggering the trap, then grabbed the stuff and ran while the shade was dealing with the revenant.

Shades have tons of hitpoints, but if he starts to die you can always just heal him until you get past.

One of those solo areas seems to be an unreturnable spot. I'm guessing it's the Icy one. I'm pretty sad to not get that point, since I use that spell in pretty much every encounter.

The icy rain spellbook is in a solo area that you can go back to later if you need to (or if you find out that you missed the book on the first time through...not that I know anyone who did that...). Unfortunately it's at a point in the game where you're more than likely on to bigger & better spells so it's usefulness is questionable.

The solo area I mentioned earlier in the thread is an unreturnable one but the only things you get are just some good equipment earlier than you normally would find similar items. Not a huge deal if you miss it.

Is that 8-point requirement met by Nimble Fingers (e.g. 6 "regular" TU points + 2 Nimble Fingers)?

Is that 8-point requirement met by Nimble Fingers (e.g. 6 "regular" TU points + 2 Nimble Fingers)?

I haven't tested it myself to confirm, but it should be. You can also get a point of Tool Use from the Tinker's Gloves, so if you're having trouble finding the skill points you should be able to spend as few as 5.