Friendly spider blocking party's path

There when you descend to under Fort Garnyck (sorry, can't check the spelling) from the middle trapdoor and defeat the giant rats, there is a friendly giant spider that obstructs the way and blocks my party. This happens in the upper left part of the cave, from gamer's point of view. Not a problem, the spider can be killed even if it is friendly, but I believe the obstacle is worth a mention for A2 1.1 improvements.

Randomizer @ of course, it's under Fort Draco :whistle: I was aftk when I wrote the message.

I confirm that the friendly spider is there, it comes out after you have killed the giant rats -and- it blocks my party's way out of the small space, trapped upper left of that portion of the area.

@ Nalyd, you can attack friendly things by clicking on the engagement button, then a dialogue box on that subject will appear.

Good people, you are scaring me :eek:;) but I can at first reassure Slartibus that I refer to the "Do you attack this friendly character? (This may cause this area to turn hostile)" window.

This is not my language so I called it dialogue box when it is a window. Sorry for this.

Randomizer, I tried a second party only to see the friendly spider again but it didn't show. I understand that your attempts failed the same.

Can't add information more than those I already written in previous posts, but I firmly state that I only drink a glass of wine a day.

Just in case anybody is suspecting a prank, well, it's not.

It's years that I write on Spiderweb forums and many times I tried to be of some help with the game.

Do I have answers for what caused this (friendly) bug? No, I'm not into game programming.

PS: Lilith, I killed the spider and went on with the game, but I can show you the portion where the party was, and their exact position when the friendly spider appeared to obstruct the path, if you kindly tell me how to upload the screensaver from my computer.

Good people, you are scaring me :eek:;) but I can at first reassure Slartibus that I refer to the "Do you attack this friendly character? (This may cause this area to turn hostile)" window.

Right, but what Slarty was saying was that that question doesn't come up in Crystal Souls at all. You're just not allowed to attack friendly characters, period. So are you in fact playing Crystal Souls, or something else?

It's definetely Crystal Souls, Avernum II, and I dowloaded the Demo from Spiderweb Software page.

I am not stupid, as you know since you had a different avatar and nickname.

I just now tried to select the attack window in Fort Draco and it works properly. I still didn't attack anybody friendly, but, I begin to feel this need.

Also, I remind you that you and I found a bug in a different Spiderweb game, and we had to insist to make it checked because it was supposed not to be likely.

There is literally no way that I've seen to get asked that question in A2:CS. You just can't attack friendly characters, at all.

Can you take a screenshot of the question? (Window, dialogue box, whatever it's called :))

EDIT: Ah, whoops, you asked how to share screenshots. I would just upload them with for example:

https://imageshack.com/

And then link it here.

This question intrigued me enough to go back to the original A2, start a new game & make a dash for Ft. Draco. A few minutes later lots of dead rats & no spiders (friendly or otherwise). Very curious indeed.

If the question about the screenshots was how to take one you can find directions here. After you do that then you can upload it to imageshack, photobucket or another hosting site like Slarty said.

I did manage to upload the screenshots to IMageShack, here are the links:

uZHqiO.jpg

rx64gt.jpg

Xw4owT.jpg

BF5NLA.jpg

As you can see this is a combat sequence. First I press the engage button, second the combat window came out, third I attacked a guard (notice that his "life line" is no more green but red, and the guard lost some life. Fourth, after killing the guard, I attacked the Captain. Notice the same red line and some loss of life.

More than my word (!), all the sequence you can read in the down white window, i.e: "Horrum attacks Captain Vidican (76%)".

Good people, you owe me.

That is bizarre and strangely hilarious. Just to clarify, those screenshots came from the demo, not the full game, right? The demo and full versions are separate now. And version 1.0 for Mac? (I doubt you ended up with a beta version, but at this point, who knows?)

Dikiyoba could not attack friendly soldiers in Fort Ganrick using the Windows demo v1.0. Nor is there any evidence of a friendly spider in the Under Draco scripts for either the Windows demo or full version.

I just opened up A:CS that I purchased directly from the SW website for my Mac and was able to recreate the second image in Superba's first post. That is with full version 1.0. I moved near a guard, clicked on the peace sign to switch to combat mode and then clicked on the friendly guard to attack him and got the same results as what Superba has uploaded. Combat ensued, but since that was a save where I had barely started the game it was depressingly brief.

I just checked...I, too, can attack friendly characters. (I'm still befuddled by where in the world a friendly spider came from in Superba's version, though).

Does anyone know if the ability to attack friendly characters is SUPPOSED to be present? Like, is the anomaly those who can attack, or those who can't attack?

That is bizarre and strangely hilarious. Just to clarify, those screenshots came from the demo, not the full game, right? The demo and full versions are separate now. And version 1.0 for Mac? (I doubt you ended up with a beta version, but at this point, who knows?)

Dikiyoba could not attack friendly soldiers in Fort Ganrick using the Windows demo v1.0. Nor is there any evidence of a friendly spider in the Under Draco scripts for either the Windows demo or full version.

Confirmed, screenshots come from the demo. Version 1.0.0, not 1.0, if it makes any difference.