Play Avadon in the Background?

waitingforgo

I'm playing Avadon on OSX, and I'm wondering if there's any way to have the game continue in the background in windowed mode. A lot of times I find myself having to walk from Totally Cleared Out Lower-Left Corner all the way to Totally Cleared Out Upper-Right Corner, which takes a while. Unfortunately, even in windowed mode, leaving the window makes it pause... meaning I can't "click to walk" and then check my email, surf the web, etc. whilst my characters wander.

Does this many any sense? Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? (As an aside, I miss the "exit zone" cheat of Geneforge...) :)

Thanks in advance!

The game unfortunately doesn't move when it isn't the front window. There isn't a fix since this is hard coded in all the Spiderweb games. Blame it on Jeff Vogel not wanting to learn better programming skills since he has mentioned that he isn't a good programmer.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It may even be there when you come back. :)

In addition to Jeff's programing skills, having the game continue while you are in another window could mean that a party of wandering monsters get the drop on you, or you stumble into a turret or mine or something. While the turn based nature of combat would serve to reduce the damage, the game only playing while we are actively in its window is a reasonable design choice. That said, I do wish that there was a way of walking faster.