Spiderweb art

adc.

I'm talking about the intro arts from Geneforge 1-4, what type of art is it? Drawing, sketch or whatever you call it. I just want to learn it because it has a somewhat dark or gloomy feel on it.

And I think learning that style would be a good place to start as we are creating a comic strip draft thinggamagic for our Adobe Flash project.

Thanks in advance, and have a good day :3

P.S. This was posted in General because that also includes the earlier Avernums with art as an intro, if there are any.

The first two Geneforge games really do have spectacular art. G1 has that stark, heavy ink pen stuff with such beautiful detail work, and it so perfectly embodies the tone of the game. I get a really lovely Japanese vibe(like, historical japanese paintings, not anime [censored]) from G2, with all the soft shading and some of the posing. Unfortunately, it's all downhill from there. G3's art is cartoonish and just not very good, and G4's isn't bad but not really notable either, except for this one. And then G5 went with the 3D art, and while some of that hits, most of it misses.

I'm gonna bookmark that link :3

G4's isn't bad but not really notable either, except for this one.

Hey! That was my most favorite art on the whole Geneforge series, plus this being the second

GF1 had the best art EVER!!! I think the artist, whoever that was, should go back and draw all the other intros and stuff for that whole 'retro' feeling. Well in my opinion anyway.

Still, what kind of drawing is it called? Or if there aren't any, what are the styles related to this?

I've researched a bit, and I kida think that the closest style to this is the line drawing with comics plus dark tones and stuff.

I don't know, really, but to me it looks like a 2000s comics with some originality, and a little manga-ish.

That's all I can think off for now, Imma stick to it for the time being, if you guys found anything more closer, feel free to leave a reply.

Which edition? I've always like 1st edition.

I grew up with 2nd edition, so my nostalgia is for that; but I prefer the format and style of 1st edition, I think, even some of its rules quirks, and am sorry to have missed it. I will probably always love text set in Futura, at any rate.