Is this title coming to Android?

WrathPhoenix

I have followed Spiderweb software for something to the effect of 15-20 years. More or less since the beginning... I love that we are seeing rereleases, and i absolutely love this new IP in the product line. I just bought a Samsung Tab 4 and anticipate doing some more gaming with Avadon and Avernum on it in the future... I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was coming to the android marketplace like the first one?

*shakes a Magic 8 Ball* The future is uncertain.

Jeff had a third party, The Apportable Team, make the Android port and there has been no official word on whether they or anyone else will do another. The major problem is the number of different screen sizes and resolutions means the graphics have to be resized to work on several different models. So even for a company like Samsung, the game might not run on all the company's models.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. We thrive on confusion. :)

I am not entirely sure i understand the relevance of graphic sizing... the game was developed to be scalable in resolution on PC, it would effectively be one and the same for the tablet market? Maybe I am just not seeing the correlation because of my own experience in game development. Either way I do appreciate the answer. :)

I am not entirely sure i understand the relevance of graphic sizing... the game was developed to be scalable in resolution on PC, it would effectively be one and the same for the tablet market? Maybe I am just not seeing the correlation because of my own experience in game development. Either way I do appreciate the answer. :)

If you scale beyond a certain point you have to adjust the user interface elements so that they don't become too small to see or interact with (especially on a touchscreen), or so large that they take up unnecessary amounts of space. It's not as simple a process as just evenly scaling everything up or down.