G3+4: Mad Shaper?

Hi guys, in Geneforge 3 your a Shaper that travels with Greta and Alwan but in Geneforge 4 Greta tells me that something happened with the Shaper she traveled with on the Ashen Islands. At the beginning of Geneforge 4 in Southforge Citadel she tells me that something horrible happened to him and she doesn't really tell me exactly what. Later in the game I've talked to General Alwan and he didn't even mention him but as I explored his room he mostly removed almost all the info of that character in his book (or Diary idk) as if he doesn't want to think about that Shaper anymore. And more later in the game Greta tells me "Also, as I have seen first-hand, it is possible for Shapers to go mad and do horrible things." She stares off into the distance, remembering." It happens much more often than they want you to know". That had me thinking had my pc from geneforge 3 go mad? I mean is it possible? As I see that it's thanks to my pc from Geneforge 3 that the Rebels managed to conquer the whole Ashen Islands. But has he used so many canisters that he went mad?

-Anyways guys if you guys know something I don't or maybe have an opinion on this matter pls feel free to comment below! :)

Greta could be referring to other Shapers that they met during their travels. Both Greta and Alwan want to cover up what happened during those times, but whether it was the player character, at least one left at the end of the third island because of your actions. The player character was forced to help the Rebels or the Shapers on each island so one side wasn't happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to imagine that the G5 protagonist/mad shaper are completely different characters than the G3 protagonist. G3 protagonist is probably the one I felt the largest connection with, and I usually play a Shaper in G3. For me at least, it's preferable to imagine that the G3 protagonist was unable to breech the defenses on the final island and just got transferred elsewhere or evacuated when the Drakons took over. I just don't like the idea of my G3 became the canister-addicted slave of the Rebels and eventually went crazy.