GF 4: South Poryphra Road (spoilers)

South Poryphra Road

I noticed this map was missing from the FAQ, and searching the forums brings up very little, so as a service to future searchers ...

South Poryphra Road (which I always want to type as "Porphyra" for some reason)

Lots of energy fields. There's a control switch near the SE entrance (not sure what it does, as I came from the N), and a panel in a room with (neutral, for me) serviles to the NW.

The enemy is 3 or 4 Golems that spout fire when sufficiently damaged. They drop crystals when dead.

There's also an ally Golem you can repair to help on this map (using NW Control Panel). That panel is where you put Alwan's crystal key (which I obtained by asking him something like "Anything else you can help with?" at the end of the chapter), and turns off some pylons. Repairing the ally Golem and one set of pylons takes Living Tools even with the crystal key.

Behind spore mines (no baton disarm?) to the SW - Sapphire Legplates

On body to the W - Golden Crystal, Shaped Fiber Cloak, Flamecaster's Shawl, Shaped Breastplate, Wand of the Inferno.

EDIT: Almost forgot: A room NW with some minor items and a Create Wingbolt Cannister.

I did this late in the chapter (after almost everything else) - it might be interesting trying it early, to get the items, but I'm not sure how nasty/tricky the fields are without Alwan's key.

Edited by glandis