Avadon shuts down when saving

st1tchy

As the title says, Avadon shuts down whenever I try to save. I just started a new game a few hours ago and saved a quit. I reload my game just fine and can do whatever I want in the game. As soon as I save over my previous save file, I get the box that says "are you sure..." I click the checkmark, my screen go black, and I am then at my desktop. Same happens when I try to save to a new save slot.

I have talked with Redbeard for the first time and am at the point where I am to talk with the blacksmith and the other guy to get supplies. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This is a bad copypasta of my previous tech support post

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

That's something unexpected, well, as usual, really, from unusual font sizes and things that don't respond well.

The basic workaround there is usually by making a fresh install of the game, uninstall the whole series>defrag registry (optional)>reinstall it.

After reinstalling it, it could, by a chance, work fine, if not, change your compatibility settings to Windows XP SP3

Right-click the shortcut>Properties>Compatibility then tick the box> Win XP SP3 or SP2, Vista would also work I think lol, just tinker around the settings.

That's all I could say, I'm not a very techy guy, I could solve basic problems only. You could tell me details regarding this issue if there were any changes according to my suggestions.

GL man

A very practical solution, if that might be the answer.

I would also suggest adding some more details/specs...

Well, it's one hard problem to track down, but I tried harder to search for a solution.

http://www.gamefaqs....skyrim/65140099

I just scanned the page quickly, and some people reported that it no longer crashes when you disable the cloud syncing stuff.

Or if you want the keywords I typed, it's this:

steam games closing randomly

Search it up on Google until you can find your solution, while I (might) do the same.

Wow. Thanks for looking that up. I tried some Google searches for about 10 minutes, but to no avail. I uninstalled and reinstalled through Steam. I also made it "run as an administrator" always and set it to compatibility with XP SP3. That seemed to solve my problem.

Well, glad to be of help. Just a tip:

If you ever want to play some modern games or 2013-2014 games, I would recommend turning off the compatibility mode as some do not run properly.

Have fun.