Sorcerer' s configuration

Superba

I have this doubt about the best configuration when you get Staff of the Sorcerer (two handed) from Valera in Serdica.

My sensation is Ivy-Entwined Rod + Tainted buckler is a better configuration for following battles than the Staff alone.

At least with the +1 Intelligence improvement both the Rod and the shield already have at this point of the game.

But, I am not into maths nor into combat statistics, so I ask what you think.

I've usually gone with rod and shield for the better defense instead of a staff for extra damage. It depends upon the difficulty level since the harder it is the less likely you will kill things quickly. So reducing damage is more important than creating damage.

The other consideration is where the sorcerer is in the party, because if your sorcerer isn't taking damage then it doesn't matter.

Level is Hard but Sorcerer is third on the line, so his position reduces the damage he could get, as you state. On the other hand Sorcerer has lower percentage protections than his companions. Furthermore, some of the next foes have powerful single shots and it is not the first time I over estimated the health of my party. In the end I think I'd better go on with Rod+Shield. Thank you, Randomizer :-)