Will Avadon 3 have a new class?

adc.

I don't know there's a topic there like this before, so, yeah, I apologise if there is.

Will Avadon 3 have a new class? I was hoping for a cross between a rogue and a sorcerer, or an alchemist, a monk (assuming the player is no longer sided with Avadon), a paladin, a bard, a hunter, a car, a daedra, a witcher etc.

Not saying Tinkermage is not good, it's pretty unique building turrets and such, but the classes I prefer most aren't there :p

Or maybe a custom character creation, creating different combinations of classes, but considering the restrictions like only specific characters can wield such things, there's a pretty small chance it would be implemented.

Given the way Geneforge progressed, I wouldn't be surprised if there are changes in the character classes for Avadon 3. But 5 different types is already a lot — Geneforge peaked at 6 — so we might see one added or we might see the whole set switched up. I'd expect the latter more in a Geneforge 4 or Avernum 5 situation (you start on the opposite side as usual, in this case the Farlanders or Tawon).

Geneforge capped at 6 because of the nature of classes in that game. They are just the arrangement of skill costs, and there are only six possible arrangements. With truly unique classes in Avadon it's possible to produce more. The real limit is Jeff's apparent goal of having one party member for each class. Too many classes means too large a party, especially for the traditional final fight with all of them.

—Alorael, who neither expects nor would be surprised by an extra class. But that's also a long way off still. There's another Avernum in the way.

I would love to see a more skilled Blademaster because he's not that good with blades as Shadowalker. I believe this is a choice based upon the urban legends grown about Katanas. There are Discovery channel documentaries that demonstrate that a Japanese sword and a two-handed Medieval sword are effective just the same. This apart, I really don't like a socalled Blademaster that is not effective as a Ninja is.

A Blademaster has an awesome range attack and ability area range attack. Melee is only as good as how much strength you put in compared to a Shadowwalker. The Blademaster has single target melee abilities while the Shadowwalker has more area effect melee abilities so it is more for the bonus effect than total damage.

Let's say Jeff decides to make another "cool and original" class, and if the player is an enemy of Avadon, what could it be?

I think it would be something like a counterpart of the original four Avadon classes, with an addition of another unique one that would fill the place of the Tinkermage instead.

Damn, I love the anticipation the new class gives out, I hope Jeff doesn't muck it up and surprise us with Ogres, Wretches or those Geneforge-podling Corruption enemies.

With truly unique classes in Avadon it's possible to produce more. The real limit is Jeff's apparent goal of having one party member for each class. Too many classes means too large a party, especially for the traditional final fight with all of them.

Although it seems likely that all the previous classes will return, it's not necessary that they do. I'd like to see another new class, and if that means cutting one or more of the original, I for one will not be upset.

I would be slightly upset if the Tinkermage didn't make the cut, although if I had to balance the next game that would be the first class I'd put under the microscope.