GF2 - I think I just broke the game (***SPOILERS ABOUND***)

***SPOILERS ABOUND******SPOILERS ABOUND******SPOILERS ABOUND******SPOILERS ABOUND***

TL;DR - I killed everyone in Rising but it looks like it messed up some Quests and story text.

***SPOILERS ABOUND******SPOILERS ABOUND******SPOILERS ABOUND******SPOILERS ABOUND***

I'm playing as a (generally) good Shaper, aligned with the Awakened. I'm at a pretty high level, have 2 creations and 2 allies following me, and I just got to Rising. Challenged & killed Stanis for killing Shanti, listened to Barzahl's speech, and wondered what would happen if I decided to destroy Creation Control.

Well, turns out all the guards turn hostile and come after me. Luring them in one or two at a time, I managed to kill them all. Also turns out that the entire town of Rising went hostile on me. So I had to kill them all as well, strictly out of self-defense.

Now here's where I think I broke the game. I still had a quest open to Talk To Tiree (for his wife Degena), but I guess because he was part of the town he attacked me as soon as I found him. I also had a quest to Find Control Center (which I found AND destroyed, if you recall) and report back to my Awakened Spy friend (Lem) at Rising North Gate, but I guess because Rising North Gate is considered part of Rising, everyone there went hostile on me as well...so I figured "I already know I can kill them all, I'll just use *dbugkill* and save time." Apparently, Lem and Degena were hostile too because I lost them in the *dbugkill*. I could maybe see Degena going hostile for my killing Tiree, but why Lem?

So yeah, in destroying the evil town of Rising on my own (rather than following the official Quests), I seem to have screwed myself out of some good storytelling. Oh, but I did still find Mezrich in the Guarded Groves to tell him about the defenses of Rising...but I was not given any kind of option to tell him how I killed everyone there (I'd have thought the option of "Barzahl is dead" or "I avenged Shanti's death on Stanis" would have shown up, at least).

I do have a saved game from BEFORE destroying the Control Center, but I'd like some opinions on whether to restore or continue on.

TL;DR - I killed everyone in Rising but it looks like it messed up some Quests and story text.

You won't be able to finish quests, but some factions will be happy that Rising is gone. The game is set up so you can't please everyone and at some point you do have to make a choice on which factions do you want to help and which to eliminate to finish the game.

You really need several play throughs to see everything so you can keep going and later go back and play from your early save.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Then go forth and kill them all. :)

Feel free. But only on weekends when I'm out of town.

Ok, so now I have a new dilemma. Here's what I found over on GameFaqs...

Learned Varkan: Remove Loose Drakon

The first quest at the Barrier of the Winds is to remove a loose Drakon. The drakon can be found to the south, and will gladly leave if you have enough leadership. This is a fairly easy quest.

I have 12 Leadership and I convinced the "Baffled Drakon" (as it is called in-game) to follow me. I've tried walking out of the Barrier of Winds, since he seems to want to leave, but when I go back in again...there he is, waiting to greet me again.

What am I doing wrong? I realize I could just kill him, but I'm trying to be the good guy here.

Have you tried getting the drakon to follow you, going near the zone exit without leaving, and waiting to see if the drakon will leave? I know sometimes you have to guide an NPC to a zone exit and wait for it to walk out, and maybe this is one of those times. I have a vague recollection that might be needed...but I could be totally mixing it up with something else.