G5 scripting in Create Unbound

For those interested, follow this simple four-step process:

1). Find gf5itemschars.txt in G5 files folder (and make backups before you do anything).

2). Open it and find a STABLE creation not often used to replace, such as Pyroroamers.

3.) Replace the following lines:

cr_name = "Pyroroamer";

cr_default_attitude = 1;

cr_max_health = 0;

cr_effect_when_slain = 52;

with these lines:

cr_name = "Unbound One";

cr_graphic_template = 85;

cr_default_attitude = 4;

cr_base_level = 40;

cr_graphic_coloradj = 64;

cr_default_courage = 100;

cr_max_health = 900;

cr_bonus_aps = 4;

cr_sound_when_slain = 142;

cr_statistic 0 = 7;

cr_abil_num 1 = 197;

cr_abil_level 1 = 8;

cr_abil_num 2 = 198;

cr_abil_level 2 = 8;

cr_abil_step_of_launch 2 = 3;

cr_abil_anim_in_reverse 2 = 1;

cr_abil_casting_sound 2 = 157;

Note that the name can be anything you want.

Also note that the graphic template for anything except for the lowest level of a creation cannot be found, as it is the same.

ie. Drakon template=Unbound template (cr_graphic_template = 85;).

4). I couldn't get the PC to 100% change to anything else, but creations and such do work. I highly recommend leaving lines such as these alone:

begindefinecreature 220; // Drakon,base for all imports

import = 9;

Hope this helped, and remember, ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS.

Interesting setup. I personally just use an editor program to trade in items at area entrances for Skill/ability points(In games 2 and 3, you can up the Creation Abilities to 50, and that gives them fifty levels. 4 and 5 gain one level for every point in them, though beyond Creation Abilities scores of 100 they become unstable and crash the game)

Interesting setup. I personally just use an editor program to trade in items at area entrances for Skill/ability points(In games 2 and 3, you can up the Creation Abilities to 50, and that gives them fifty levels. 4 and 5 gain one level for every point in them, though beyond Creation Abilities scores of 100 they become unstable and crash the game)

I think you are referring to making higher-level creations that are available in the game. Unbound are not normally available in the game.

No, but you can make ornks that use the drakon fire breath.

How about swapping the Ornk and Drakon graphics and stats? I see that equipping or unequipping a weapon seems to have a weird effect if you change your player's graphic to.... say... a Vlish. You're a Vlish when you don't have a weapon out, but when you do you morph into a Fiery Worm.

How about swapping the Ornk and Drakon graphics and stats? I see that equipping or unequipping a weapon seems to have a weird effect if you change your player's graphic to.... say... a Vlish. You're a Vlish when you don't have a weapon out, but when you do you morph into a Fiery Worm.

You could do that. Heck, you can do just about anything in the script, but there are a number of things that tend to mess up the game. Creating shapers wasn't my most successful feat.