Out of curiousity.

JDonte

Dragonlore, the makers of Homeland, did contact a poster on these forums letting him know they were no longer in business and giving permission to distribute the full version of the game, but unfortunately that was back in 2010 and it's been taken down since then. You could try sending a PM to Tyranicus to see if he can help you, although he's not around much any more.

Thanks. Although that link was long gone, I was able to do some Web Archive voodoo with the link Tyranicus posted, and indeed extract the full version of Homeland just now. 311MB download.

Since there's already explicit permission from the game publisher for it to be free, the only lingering question is whether Jeff would allow me to provide a link now that SW is no longer distributing it. But I'm a little too busy to upload it somewhere at the moment anyways: if you (or anyone really) wants it send me a PM and I'll shoot you a link via PM sometime tomorrow... unless a mod explicitly forbids me from doing so, between now and then.

Crystal Shard, developer of SubTerra, is still around and actively making games, and you can get SubTerra from them if you want it. As for Ocean Bound... well, Richard White disappeared off the face of the earth a long time ago and nobody really knows what happened, but as far as I'm aware he never gave permission for any of his games to be freely distributed.

Aha yeah I just found an active link to subterra by digging around the spiderweb faqs site.

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/faqs/subterra_faq.html

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/subterra/index.html

I have to stop playing with these archives though, that's enough nostalgia for one day.

The OceanBound I found is just a mac version demo anyways but eh. Windows isn't too hard to get old stuff working; I don't have the experience to finagle with old Mac stuff though. I started with a Tandy and went the IBM to Windows direction. Remember when PCs used to be called IBM Compatibles... how'd I get this old anyways?

Unbelievable. But the iOS version of Galactic Core appears to have nothing in common with the old turn-based strategy game except the name. It seems like a randomly generated choose-your-own adventure story, with pictures, where you try to get home in your spaceship, through a series of random encounters and explorations.

Dragonlore, the makers of Homeland, did contact a poster on these forums letting him know they were no longer in business and giving permission to distribute the full version of the game, but unfortunately that was back in 2010 and it's been taken down since then. You could try sending a PM to Tyranicus to see if he can help you, although he's not around much any more.

The link I posted in that thread doesn't work anymore, but the game is still hosted on my site here. Also, I'm here all the time; I just rarely have anything to say. :p