A Dream

steelwarrior77

Hey,

just bought a few days agao the whole package Avernum from GOG/Steam - love it so far.

My dream was always to have good games like this - the only additional wish I have is that it is like Baldurs Gate - being able to take the party from one game to the other and have lots of companion interaction...other than that these game are like a dream come true already - so thanks to the dev!

Baldurs Gate - being able to take the party from one game to the other and have lots of companion interaction

I don't know about Baldur's Gate, but do you mean creating a party then using them for different scenarios made by members? Well, Jeff has it.

If you have bought the complete saga from GOG.com (which costs about $12), then you have it, it's called Blades of Avernum

Welcome to Spiderweb Software, please leave your sanity at the door, a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I don't know about Baldur's Gate, but do you mean creating a party then using them for different scenarios made by members? Well, Jeff has it.

If you have bought the complete saga from GOG.com (which costs about $12), then you have it, it's called Blades of Avernum

Welcome to Spiderweb Software, please leave your sanity at the door, a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Hey,

thanks - I mean like an ongoing story for the same party - through several games - while the party gets more and more powerful and lots of interaction between party members ;-) Everything else I wish for these games have already ;-)

Which engine does nethergate use - Avernum 1-3 or 4-6?

Hey,

just bought a few days agao the whole package Avernum from GOG/Steam - love it so far.

My dream was always to have good games like this - the only additional wish I have is that it is like Baldurs Gate - being able to take the party from one game to the other and have lots of companion interaction...other than that these game are like a dream come true already - so thanks to the dev!

Avadon has quite a bit of companion interaction, but it's not voice-acted like Baldur's Gate. Carrying a party from one game to another makes the games difficult to balance and forces the next game to start at a higher level; all of Jeff's games start at level 1.

Avadon has quite a bit of companion interaction, but it's not voice-acted like Baldur's Gate. Carrying a party from one game to another makes the games difficult to balance and forces the next game to start at a higher level; all of Jeff's games start at level 1.

Yeah, I am aware of the difficulty to balance...but it would be really cool ;-)

A few other questions - I also bought the remake of Avernum 1 on Steam Escape from the Pit - how does crafting work - I have for example all kinds of tools even alchemist equipment - can I use some to craft my own stuff? What can I craft and how?

I´ve got for example bars of iron, mushroom flour, or ink and pens and papyrus scrolls...

Thanks a lot - nice community here!

Crafting varies my game with most of them requiring you take ingredients to certain NPCs to have them convert them into potions or items.

In Avernum: Escape from the Pit you can take herb ingredients to get potions. See here for potion requirements and who makes them.

Crafting equipment is sometimes needed for quests like bars of iron, but most are sold for money.

What can I do when my path is blocked by these colourful light blocks?

Those are magical barriers and come in 3 levels. The first 2 levels can be removed by piercing crystals. The hardest level, level 3, requires mage spell Dispel Barrier at level 3.

You can learn the first 2 spell levels as a quest reward at Fort Dranlon or the first level from a spell book beyond Fort Remote after an even tougher fight.

You will find piercing crystals in different treasure areas as you explore, in the strategy central area there is a post of Synegizer's Item List that can tell you where each one is located. The key from the Goblin Shaman will open a door in a different dungeon that you will get to in a quest from the mayor of Formello.