Managing your creations

Isn't G1 the game where it hurts the least to lose creations ? Because shaping levels are more powerful than in later games or smth like that ? If I'm remembering this right then I'd just shrug and make a new creation, you are powerful enough anyway as a shaper.

Nim is correct.

In G1, the shaping mechanics work differently that other games in the series. The way to get the strongest creations is NOT to make some early and keep leveling them up, but rather to keep raising your shaping skill, absorbing your creations, and making new ones. Then later, raise shaping skill, absorb, create, etc. So, if you're playing a Shaper, just make sure you've raised your shaping skill some and make a new creation.

I'm new to the Geneforge Saga and I'm currently playing the first one, but so far I love the setting. While I'm a newbie to the series, I can tell you that absorbing the creations isn't always the best choice in Geneforge 1.

I started a character with 5 points in Fire Shaping and got 1 point in Create Fyora from the cannister at the beginning of the game, and another point later in the game. I just reached Pentil and my Fyora is at level 11. If I try to create a new one, it will start at level 7.

Here is an image of the progression of my Fyora: http://s12.postimg.o...w8r/cria_es.png

As you can see, it would be better to create a new Fyora if mine was at level 7, but a level 8 Fyora that started at level 6 is better than a new level 7 Fyora. Why? Because it has higher Health, Energy, and every 2 levels your creations will increase their stats.

I understand that if I could upgrade my Fire Shaping skills from 5 to 8 right now, I could create a better level 10 Fyora, but I think I'll take some time to upgrade my Fire/Magic shaping skills again (they are both at 5) and therefore I have to make a choice between accepting the loss of my level 11 Fyora and starting a new level 7 Fyora or reloading everytime my creation dies.

I initially thought I wouldn't think too much before absorbing my creations (or losing them), but after they killed so many enemies and grew powerful, I got emotionally attached to them. That is why I created this thread: to read how other players manage their creations. I was interested in reading what you did when you were in my shoes (lost a more powerful creation than you could create).