Great Awakening

Callie

Behold ye fellow Spiderwebbers, our once vibrant gods are no longer! Richard White has vanished into the galactic core. The Nine-Headed Cave Cow is spending His and Her kineness in a state of eternal facehooving. The Great Spider in the Sky no longer thinks you're cute. Cthulhu now has an adorable kitten named Samuel Longbottoms. Followers of Divine Lucre have caused Punctuated hyperinflation. Vahnatai creationists have dwindled due to the Great Ihrno schism. Anama temples are full of skribbane addicts. Chicken gods, yes the chicken gods, are no longer heard of!

What gods shall we now exalt, o murderers of murderers? Half-Sicilian, half-Javan sausages? Eggplants with tails? Scorpius? Zoot-suit-donning dust mites? Shall we seek herds and believers? Or fellow creators? The fate of the gods rests in your hands; go forth and choose wisely.

Behold ye fellow Spiderwebbers, our once vibrant gods are no longer! Richard White has vanished into the galactic core. The Nine-Headed Cave Cow is spending His and Her kineness in a state of eternal facehooving. The Great Spider in the Sky no longer thinks you're cute. Cthulhu now has an adorable kitten named Samuel Longbottoms. Followers of Divine Lucre have caused Punctuated hyperinflation. Vahnatai creationists have dwindled due to the Great Ihrno schism. Anama temples are full of skribbane addicts. Chicken gods, yes the chicken gods, are no longer heard of!

What gods shall we now exalt, o murderers of murderers? Half-Sicilian, half-Javan sausages? Eggplants with tails? Scorpius? Zoot-suit-donning dust mites? Shall we seek herds and believers? Or fellow creators? The fate of the gods rests in your hands; go forth and choose wisely.

yes

Richard White was never a god, exactly. To quote from the scripture:

2. What's all this about a secret society or cult?

In recent months several posters have professed to be members of a secret order associated in some way with Richard White. The order has a complex hierarchy, with lower ranking members knowing little of its true purposes. It has been alleged that the order controls its members with brain implants (and/or eyebrow-like outplants), has secretly taken over the US Navy, deploys hit teams of trained needle/ferrets, and generally dabbles in things better left unindabbled.

It's all kind of fuzzy, now. My implants haven't been updated in years. I never really knew what was going on, anyway, because my rank in the order was never higher than Imponderable Archon. That rank sounded really good when I signed up, but it turned out to be mere middle management. The darkest dark secret I ever learned was where we kept the pencil sharpener.

The horror, the horror.

Yeah. Or maybe it has already happened. I always suspected that my implants outranked me. Maybe they've been promoted so high above me now that I myself am no longer in their loop. They kind of nod vaguely at the rest of my brain, when we pass in the neural corridor. They're not even really embarrassed, just a bit annoyed to have to act polite, for old times' sake.