Dragon with Miranda

Wendy

At which point?

The first time you meet your player character is sent to a lower level and you mostly evade monsters until you fight Miranda. It is extremely difficult to fight Vardagras underground and you are meant to avoid that fight using narrow passages.

When you come out you can fight the dragon, but it is still extremely hard to do it solo.

You can later return from Avadon with a full party and do the scripted fight. Then loot the lair and kill anything you missed the first time.

I managed to beat Vardegras underground once, on casual difficulty. I doubt I could do it again any higher, even on just normal. You're meant to run from that fight... escape and you can come back and challenge dragon later with a normal party if you want.

If you do manage to beat him underground it bugs the game a little bit. The dialogue with some people is as though you've done it, but he's still alive for you to go talk to (and fight again if you want). I'm not sure whether this situation gives you the flag for the game ending.

But yes if you're talking about in his lair... I advise trying to run and escape.

1st fight:: Shaman or Tinker is best and others need to use summoning scrolls/wands to avoid dragon (Shadowwalker can use teleportation and others too if has scarab).

2nd fight: get dragon away from sentinels (tinker's turrets and shaman's summons are good to keep those busy) and keep pummeling it with party.

I mean Miranda doesn't even show up at all here. I am alone with the monsters or I can interact with the dragon. Miranda is no place to be found. I can hear her conversation with the dragon about him forcing us to fight, but she never shows up. Do I need to do something?