Avernum - all items in containers disappeared

efertik

Hello everyone. I have been playing Avernum: Escape from the pit on my Nexus 7. I've played the whole game through at least once. However, just recently I was replaying Avernum when without warning all items in containers - in the entire game - vanished. I tried loaded saved games, but that didn't help. I deleted and reinstalled Avernum, and started a new game. That seemed to work for a while, but then the bug showed up again. I have tried using old game files, and in some saved games the items are there, but no matter what they do the items eventually disappear. Can anyone help? It is very frustrating to have to start again!

I haven't seen that bug be so persistent. Usually if you can find a game from before the problem occurred or start a new game it is no longer there.

The problem is usually file corruption of the save game and only affects new containers starting with the zone that it first occurs in and not older areas.

This version was done by the Apportable Team and you can contact them at support@apportable.com. They might have seen the bug during their testing.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Or anything left after this bug. :)

Now, to make matters even more frustrating, the same bug has appeared in Avadon, which is also installed on the my Nexus 7. Again, when I go back to earlier saves, the bug still shows up after a certain amount of time. I would grit my teeth and reinstall Avadon, but I tried that with Avernum and it did not work (the bug showed up again after playing for several days.)

I really love Spiderweb Software games ( and I wish more were available on Android), but the persistence of this bug makes the games essentially unplayable. Does anyone have any advice/help?

• 4 weeks later...