When should you stop raising Leadership?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I used Search but it only turned up results for Geneforge 1 and one of the later games.

I loved leadership in Geneforge 1. It really opened up new paths for you. I had stopped raising it once it reached 12 which seemed to give me most if not all choices.

How is it in Geneforge 2 and onward? Will 12 points still be sufficient or does it need to be higher?

12 Leadership will be enough in most games and you can get some from items later in each game. You need less at the start and usually 8 is enough.

According to Matt P.'s Guide for Geneforge 2:

Leadership: Very useful for getting good rewards and getting out of sticky situations. Aim for 10 with equipment by the time you're in the central Barzite lands. This means spending skill points to get about 6 or 7 pre-equipment.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Don't forget to get a receipt. :)

The strategy central threads stickied at the top of this forum have tons of great info on each Geneforge game - including notes about Leadership! The short version of "most Leadership needed?" is G1 = 12, G2 = 12, G3 = 16, G4 = 12. I don't have G5, so I've not confirmed this myself, but a thread in the strategy central indicates G5 = 11.