G4 Canister Abstention

I've been trying to do a no-canister playthrough of G4 on a completely loyal rebel warrior, but what I didn't realize, since I've only played as a canister junkie lifecrafter before, is that I can't buy training for creations beyond the basic fyora/thahd/artila unless I go more pro-Shaper than I'm willing to.

I know that using more than a set number of canisters (I think I've read that it's eight?) will trigger canister rage and affect the endings you can get, but is there any difference to the endings/gameplay if you don't use any at all, rather than just keeping below the minimum? I just want to know if it'll make any difference if I limit myself to one or two strategic creation canisters rather than avoiding them completely.

I've been trying to do a no-canister playthrough of G4 on a completely loyal rebel warrior, but what I didn't realize, since I've only played as a canister junkie lifecrafter before, is that I can't buy training for creations beyond the basic fyora/thahd/artila unless I go more pro-Shaper than I'm willing to.

I know that using more than a set number of canisters (I think I've read that it's eight?) will trigger canister rage and affect the endings you can get, but is there any difference to the endings/gameplay if you don't use any at all, rather than just keeping below the minimum? I just want to know if it'll make any difference if I limit myself to one or two strategic creation canisters rather than avoiding them completely.

To my knowledge, yes. There's three stages: No Canister Use, Mild Canister Use, and Canister Addict. Using ANY canisters WILL be the second one, and it WILL affect things slightly. Not as much as Canister Addict, but slightly.

I believe anyway.