Any Russians, Latvians, Belorussians, etc?

VCH

I'm not sure how many Russian speakers we have. I do know that Latvia is not a great source. It has Russian speakers, of course, but they're the minority, and unlike Belarusian, Latvian isn't particularly close to Russian and isn't really at all mutually intelligible.

—Alorael, who knows Zeviz spoke Russian. And probably still does, wherever he is, but he hasn't been speaking it around here for a long time.

Ой это плохой тоже.

That's too bad :(

It's a really cool language. I had a Ukrainian gf and started learning Russian for whatever reason. She's long gone, but I'm happy with my new hobby.

BTW: Who here can roll their r's—rrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cuze I couldn't until today—so happy now :)

Well no, they are westerners like yourself. Neither of them speak russian, but they've known some and worked with some more. I have great admiration for Russia, it's a harsh land and the people in it are survivors, it's a shame that it's such a wrecked land. The day it'll change... like they say: Что у кого болит, тот о том и говорит.

It's a Russian language thread. People are going to post in other languages besides English!

Dikiyoba не знает языки, кроме английского языка, но говорит ужасно (и, надеюсь, весело) переводится по-русски просто раздражать Триумф.

Well no, they are westerners like yourself. Neither of them speak russian, but they've known some and worked with some more. I have great admiration for Russia, it's a harsh land and the people in it are survivors, it's a shame that it's such a wrecked land. The day it'll change... like they say: Что у кого болит, тот о том и говорит.

Очень круто! у меня нет родители что говорит по-русский, но у меня есть много Друзья в университете.

I have learned a lot in previous months, but Russian has a case system that makes things kinda complicated. The language has genders too, but that's not a problem; the problem is that nouns and adjectives get very different endings depending on what kind of sentence you want to write. There are six cases in total.

I'm very lucky because I go to a university that has a massive percentage of international students—the business program is almost completely international. And it's impossible to walk around campus without seeing a few Russians. And I mean that... it is impossible—small university... huge number of international students!

Also, I recently switched Facebook, Safari, my OS and Russian Facebook (VK) to Russian language.