Geneforge 1 glitch

First off id like to add I did indeed look through the forums for an answer before posting this. That being said here is my problem. Ya know how in the beginning of geneforge 1 there is a shade which you can talk to that eventually fades away? Or the rogue roamer that runs off. Well, in mine they ain't there. Also it may just be me, but the walls seem different. For years and years I played the geneforge games, love them to death lol. So I know I aint goin crazy. Anyone know what the problem is? My system is a Thinkpad Windows 8.1 64bit AMD Radeon HD 8450g 2.9ghz dual core.

No idea what the problem might be, but a good first step for this sort of thing is to try downloading the latest version of the game. Replace the version you've got - it doesn't affect the game registration. Althought...since you're talking about the very first zone...have you tried just starting another new game? That might help too, on the unusual chance that something went wrong with a particular save file.

I hope that helps!

Yes, that's quite possible. I've never used Steam, but from what I've heard on here sometimes Steam isn't always on the ball about updating versions.

The shade and roamer are totally unimportant. Not seeing them doesn't diminish the game in the slightest. As long as the game works, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've seen that shade before, and the roamer too. Must be an outdated version of Geneforge 1, since I played the demo from WildTangent. So it's basically an old version of Geneforge, and the walls have changed their colors too.

Oh and the shade gave me my first chill-to-the-spine, I didn't even notice it was there, a dialogue suddenly appeared from nowhere and gave me a mini-heart attack.

I loved when they were there didn't make me feel sooooo lonely on that lonely island at the beginning of the game.<sigh>

And they gave an air of mystery. I like it.

So... Geneforge 1 is on The Lonely Island. And to finish the game, you need to be On a Boat. Not to mention all the bosses which you defeat in order to take their stuff, which you equip, thusly becoming... Like a Boss. :cool: