Soloing Geneforge 3?

nikgervae

Hey folks, I have started Geneforge 3 as an Agent character and have managed to solo my way through the first island, without any creations or Greta or Alwan. Do you know if this is a viable and fun strategy for the rest of the game? I know some of the things it locks me out of (easy stealing via the creation trick), but I suspect I might need some tanks at some point. If I go back and recruit Greta or Alwan later, will they be too weak to help, or will they catch up in XP?

Thanks!

Oh, soloing G3 as an Agent or Guardian is totally viable! You might find here some links to helpful info about building an agent. Agent has access to screen-wide attack spells and mass-effect mental magic, both of which help deal with large crowds.

Greta and Alwan are never especially effective, and often require a bit of babysitting, so if you're struggling at some future point, going back to get them probably won't help. I'm sure not about whether they would "catch up" in experience - when I've used them, I've always taken them from the beginning. They *CAN* be somewhat useful, but their value lies more in their dialogue / the flavor of having comrades than in their combat prowess.

I hope that helps!

Welcome to the forums. Abandon sanity, all ye who post here.

Greta & Alwan don't automatically level up along with you, if that's what you're asking. You can get them better equiped by talking to several people that you encounter far enough along in the story, but they'll still be weaker than if you haul them along everywhere leveling up first. I don't know how easily a solo combat agent will get through the game (mechanics & leadership make things much less difficult), but it is possible. Good luck!