Alcander's quest ending trouble!

Chizzlepain

I already sided with Alcander on a previous run so now i keep trying to side with Avadon on his quest, however when i talk to heart Callan all she says is i failed in the effort and Avadon could really have used the money! I feel like something is missing since i actually did accompany Alcander to the vault and fought all the way too the end...what am i missing?

How unusual....i distinctly remember following that line of dialogue at the end while in the vault, and even got the "Im not your friend anymore but i will still work with you" jargon, however, when i returned and talked to callan only two options showed up. The first says that alcander wanted to find treasure near the corruption and all she says is that i failed because i didn't help him...The second one was me telling call an a lie that alcander was upset but nothing of note happened....

Failing a companion's quest (ie siding with Avadon) is independent of what you do or don't tell Callan. She's quite happy if you fink on Alcander after helping him. It is a bit silly that you can't report the trove, but apparently it's only allowed if you "succeeded" (ie sided with Alcander), even if you found the goods. An oversight, in my opinion, that breaks immersion. Too bad.

That is a definite oversight, and does break immersion. It's strange, too, because on my first run I took the middle ground on Khalida's quest (made the guy pay, but let him live) and yet got the reward for telling Callan. Strange that it would work that way for one quest and not for another.

Oddly enough, I've never been able to bring my characters to fink on Alcander. None of them like him, but all of them seem willing to go along with him just to have some leverage over him in the event they need it.

Oddly enough, I've never been able to bring my characters to fink on Alcander. None of them like him, but all of them seem willing to go along with him just to have some leverage over him in the event they need it.

Also, it'd be kind of hypocritical to do so after doing his quest, unless they left every bit of treasure in there where they found it.