Just experienced the most convincing Creation Rights event.

It happened just west of Gheth. I encountered a completely rogue Battle Beta that would gladly fight any Shaper. Being a Loyalist myself, naturally I entered the duel against it. Two shots of acid missiles left the Battle Beta begging to be left alone. But, a rogue creation is a rogue creation. It will only be problematic to leave one out near a bridge. As such I decided to tell the Battle Beta to follow me, to try and convince it to leave it's rogue life. However, rather than submit to "slavery", the Battle Beta twisted it own head to avoid such a fate with me.

To me, this is the most convincing Creation Rights event I have ever experienced in Geneforge 2. To loathe following shapers so much that it would kill itself, rather than follow blindly. And perhaps it only made it more heartbreaking when the Beta used simple, childlike sentences.

It was until I met Learned Darien and saw his ability to convince others of my political alignment, along with the fact that Darien needed me to kill the Battle Beta thus exposing me to this event, did I realise that it was all planned.

You won't take me Rebels! The Shapers will have their utopia!

Battle Alphas/Betas are probably the saddest of all creations. They get the worst of both worlds: unlike many animalistic creations they are sapient, but they are not intelligent enough to properly function in the wild, like dryaks or gazers. I remember Freeplace in Geneforge 1, a location inhabited by free Alphas - bred for battle, they had great trouble with even simplest mundane non-battle activities.

Speaking of utopia, it does remind me of Brave New World, where they were purposefully breeding deficient humans as an underclass. Still, even these humans were mostly just smaller and dumber. Breeding Alphas, on the other hand, is like breeding crippled humans for specialized tasks. Things like that made me quite anti-shaper all across the series.