Redbeard's son/daughter in Avadon III, is this likely?

Superba

Heart Callan says Redbeard may have a family somewhere in Lynaeus, a family which could even not know who he really is.

Is this an anticipation for Avadon III plot?

Say, you begin the game and you don't know yet you are the son/daughter of Redbeard...

(well you suspect it as you are a megalomaniac player :eek: , then you would need to find it out in game).

@ Earth Empires I believe yours is a more realistic perspective than mine, on the other hand Avadon (as center of power) is a place where you need to kill your

predecessor in order to gain the right to rule. But it still makes sense to me that Redbeard's hypothetical family may play a role in game, that's why I asked opinions about Callan's words.

Actually, Redbeard's been around long enough that he could have great-great-grandkids who have no idea who he is. I think he's famous enough, distinctive enough, and busy enough that claims of a hidden family he joins sometimes anonymously seem farfetched to me.

—Alorael, who is unrelated to Redbeard. He just happens to admire the man's panache as an absolute administrator dictator.

While it is certainly possible that Redbeard could have a family and great-grand kids and all that and uses his own portals to sneak off to see them, I doubt it. He seems way to addicted to his job and way to paranoid to form an attachment to something or someone that could be used against him.

he could have had family (or relationship which produced child) before he became keeper and then abandoned them (or didn't find it out until later) and generations later no1 knows about those until R's some secret book reveals that and player gets task to find if any are alive and bring 1 to castle, game would be quite long since we would visit on many towns around country finding clues.

he could have had family (or relationship which produced child) before he became keeper and then abandoned them (or didn't find it out until later) and generations later no1 knows about those until R's some secret book reveals that and player gets task to find if any are alive and bring 1 to castle, game would be quite long since we would visit on many towns around country finding clues.

He does mention, when you first talk to him after coming to Avadon in Ava2, that he remembers being able to form attachments with people. So this idea definitely seems like a possibility.

-springacres, whose stable of characters includes several orphans/characters who know next to nothing about their birth parents. And yes, she has brought two of them into Avadon.

Then you'll realize it was you all along, with a story twist of course; typical game protagonist epicness, just like in Kotor where you realize you're the most powerful and overrated Darth of all time in the days of the Old Republic.

In layman's term, you're the chosen one.

...Or maybe not.

-----

-Nightwatcher