SW in a nutshell - simple and funny :D

WLDD

That answer was in a nutshell, but that was quite mean for a new member.

I haven't reached the era where Spiderweb memes are trending, the only meme you've probably heard of is the fluffy turtles right? They're in your head right now chewing out your mind.

Or maybe the nine-headed cave cow thing. I dunno, but a meme is something quite original like rage faces, that comic strip, Doge etc. what you created is something more of a comic strip, and less of a meme. Meme comics I think.

-----

-Nightwatcher

The "Boardroom Suggestion" comic is indeed an internet meme.

http://knowyourmeme....room-suggestion

That said, I don't think Jeff is clueless about what a majority of his customers want, and the sales of his recent titles speak to that. Granted, we can all argue about things we like or dislike (I agree on the level cap in Avadon, btw), but this is a matter of opinion, not a matter of obvious business blunders or oversights, which is what the meme is going after.

EDIT: One more nitpick. A meme is a broader idea that passes between cultures. The comic that was posted itself is not, strictly a meme.

EDIT: See Slarty's comment below. Just beat me to it, and it's a better explanation.

One can create the original idea for a meme, but cannot make it a meme by themselves. An idea becomes a meme when enough people within a community or culture spread it to the point where it continues to spread by its own inertia. In this case the meme is the boardroom suggestion comic template, and the meme is being spread into this community by an instance of it. If people here like it, they may use the same template to make new instances, perhaps spreading it to other corners of the web.

That answer was in a nutshell, but that was quite mean for a new member.

I haven't reached the era where Spiderweb memes are trending, the only meme you've probably heard of is the fluffy turtles right? They're in your head right now chewing out your mind.

Or maybe the nine-headed cave cow thing. I dunno, but a meme is something quite original like rage faces, that comic strip, Doge etc. what you created is something more of a comic strip, and less of a meme. Meme comics I think.

-----

-Nightwatcher

And that is not mean, maybe I am new member on forums, but still I've played SW games from more than 8 years, I know there are people how are member for even longer time when SW was created :) but still I think its funny after all.

One can create the original idea for a meme, but cannot make it a meme by themselves. An idea becomes a meme when enough people within a community or culture spread it to the point where it continues to spread by its own inertia. In this case the meme is the boardroom suggestion comic template, and the meme is being spread into this community by an instance of it. If people here like it, they may use the same template to make new instances, perhaps spreading it to other corners of the web.

and of course, memes usually arise in the first place in response to current events or new cultural trends

hence the saying: plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

Yeah sorry, Dartz, I should have known that would start a nitpick spiral and derail your thread*. A lot of native English speakers wouldn't have known the difference either.

Forgive me?

Edited by Jerakeen
*Actually I did know it, but at that moment, I kind of didn't care. And now I feel bad about it. :(

• 1 month later...

why is everyone such a god damn genius. Everywhere you go from the [man] on the corner to [a] troll on a forum. genius genius genius. every single one of them.

I may be the only non genius in the world. you know what I think spiderweb should do. Make a game that asks it's user what game it would like to play, what features, game play, story and then creates it. . . . . wait someone already made that game. all you need to play it is to be a genius and fortunately every internet troll ive met is a ......genius.

notepad1.jpg

Edited by nikki.
Removing bad language