Which Game Has The Earliest Ornk Canister?

G1's is in Servile Warren zone, toward the southeast corner of the island.

G2's is in Mountain Base zone, north of Rising.

G3's is in Khor's Deep on Gull Island.

G4's Ornk canister is way up in Burwood Province.

Realistically, G1 or G2 is your best bet. Those are the games with the most freedom of movement, the greatest ability "sequence break" so to speak, to just run as far as you want through as many zones as you want, regardless of plot. The later games have more restricted map advancement, requiring various quests to move forward. With care, I'm sure you could reach the appropriate zone in G1 or G2 pretty early. Getting to the canister itself could be tricky, though. I don't recall the exact way the canisters are situated well enough to by able to give any more precise guidance.

Hmm...I didn't think I could reach G1's, but you're right actually. I might be able to sneak around the zones and avoid combat. My only concern is getting the Living Tools. G2 might be easier since the adjacent zone is a town, and it has Daze, so I can theoretically just daze things and book it whenever I come into combat.

I don't think tools would be a problem. G1 has plentiful living tools. It also has the weird infinite living tool bug / exploit.

[spoileralt=From the FAQ about the Pentil East zone]"In one of the cryoa nests on this level, you'll find a living tool that has X for its number.

Notes from Alex:

1. Most people carry living tools, in which case it's like 0 living tools - it simply disappears. I found it with an agent that had lots of spellcraft and didn't use living tools early in the game (unlock rules!).

2. I used it 5 times on a locked lever - no problems."

So, if you get it, have no LTs in inventory, and pick up the X-tool, you may have an infinite use tool. [/spoileralt]

G2 might be easier since the adjacent zone is a town, and it has Daze, so I can theoretically just daze things and book it whenever I come into combat.

Playing through them again recently, I found it much harder to get into the western areas in G2 than to reach the eastern areas in G1 (and that G1 run was a no-canister Agent). Also, you get loads of tools (plus pods, crystals, etc.) much earlier in G1.

Yeah, once I finish my current run of G5, I'm gonna try this in G1. My guess is that I can probably avoid most fights or something and run for it really early--ideally I don't want to do any major quests without Ornks. I'm a little worried about the Servile Warren itself, but I suppose I can turn it down to Easy just until I get the canister if it really is too difficult. But that's a last resort.

I really would prefer to do this in #1 since you can really whore Battle Shaping since the cost won't increase at higher levels. I don't intend to just be a Shaper that's more heavily invested in Battle Magic than usual. These are gonna be some INTENSE Ornks.