Spoiler Question and an Idea...

kuo

I'm wondering if Miranda ever explicitly states if her husband was executed (I sorta skimmed through conversations with her through both games).

Because:

The Eternal Prisoner, Heart Lexrem, could be him. He's been imprisoned for 50ish years, and he was a Heart, and tried to kill Redbeard. Miranda also looks pretty old, or people who have lots of power don't appear to age. *looks at Redbeard*.

I haven't finished Avadon 2, so if my spoiler idea is the case...well yay I'm smart.

I'm wondering if Miranda ever explicitly states if her husband was executed (I sorta skimmed through conversations with her through both games).

She does not. However:

"You flip through the records. They date from about forty years ago. Moisture and mold have left most of the writing illegible. One entry, halfway through, catches your attention."

"It concerns a Hand who attempted to assassinate Redbeard. He tried to stab the Keeper, but the result was a minor wound. Once the Hand's mind was stripped of all knowledge, he was executed."

"Oddly, it notes that he was married to one of the Eyes. Her mind was also searched extensively, but nothing was found that implicated her. She was allowed to return to her work. A widow, but one of unquestioned loyalty.";

"Her name was Miranda. And the cursory description given of her in the records matches very closely with the appearance of the Heart who has been giving you orders. Interesting.";

I remember thinking at the time that it was kind of cool that they not only mentioned (at some point in Avadon 1 or 2 or both) that there were several assassination attempts on Redbeard in the early years, but actually gave examples of what happened to at least two different would-be assassins.