Fluffy or Tank

RainbowDashRadical

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you prefer for a pet turtle?

• Fluffy
    • Tank

Okay, so based off the suggestions in this thread:

http://spiderwebforu...ed-a-good-name/

It came down to a tie between Fluffy and Tank. So, let's have a contest between the two names. Whichever gets the most votes will be the name for my turtle.

What will it be...Fluffy, or Tank.

~RainbowDashRadical

Those names are like naming a dog "Spot" or "Fido".

Fluffy adheres to Spiderweb tradition, but I'm slightly disappointed.

I considered suggesting "Mr. Peanut", but decided "Fluffy" was both a solid nod to Spidweb tradition and a bit of a joke that a non-Spiderwebber would appreciate. (Since I assume the turtle in question is not, in fact, fluffy. If it appears fluffy, please adjust your implants.)

Dude, that is awesome :huh: Fortunately Discworld happens to be at my local library, so that'll give me something to do over Christmas break. Thanks!

Still not sure if I would name my pet that though. I don't know how to pronounce it.

Oh, and why did Alorael rename him to B'tuin?

~RainbowDashRadical

Well, A'tuin is better than B'tuin, because, well, A is before B in the alphabet. A-list celebrities, for example, are considered better than B-list celebrities, and so B'tuin would be a less good A;tuin.

Alorael's joke was a pun; very simply, he was saying that 'Fluffy' and 'Tank' are not names you want to be choosing between - and that the right choice, B'tuin, sounds like 'between'.

And now I hate myself for having to explain that.

Not sure that I got the joke. :/ Still, the idea of a turtle as big as a star and holds up an entire world blows my mind :) .

The idea of a turtle holding up the world is somewhat common in mythology.

Alorael's joke was a pun; very simply, he was saying that 'Fluffy' and 'Tank' are not names you want to be choosing between - and that the right choice, B'tuin, sounds like 'between'.

And now I hate myself for having to explain that.

In fairness, it's a really, really awful pun. (Or maybe Dikiyoba pronounces A'Tuin and therefore B'Tuin differently than the rest of you: Ah-two-in.)