Training Question

Hi!

Having played Geneforge 1 in the past I can remember some nasty business with canisters and maxing skills - something along the lines of being unable to get the best skill level if you trained before using canisters. Is this the same in G2? I bloody well trained a ton of skills to level 2 earlier :( I shouldn't have done that should I?

Trainers in G1 and G2 wouldn't give you the second level if you used a canister or book first. G3 changed it so you could do it in either order.

So you are okay. It pays to save before using a canister so you don't make a mistake since I had to replay a few hours when I used a canister first before training.

Trainers in G1 and G2 wouldn't give you the second level if you used a canister or book first. G3 changed it so you could do it in either order.

So you are okay. It pays to save before using a canister so you don't make a mistake since I had to replay a few hours when I used a canister first before training.

Thanks! So this means that the canisters will bring me to level 3 after training two levels? Happy to hear that its more clear cut in the third installment.

Gee I can't remember, I just remember screwing it up in G1 :)

You must have G1 and G2 mixed up a bit. In G1, you can pay for Mechanics, Leadership, and Luck training (each from a different Servile), but all other boosts are quest rewards, canisters, tombs, etc. G2 is the only game in the series with the 'training problem'.

The thing to keep in mind. If you want the upgraded version of a creation, find the trainer first, and then read the book or use the canister. This only applies to G2 of course. Spells, and other things don't matter much. You're only losing a a few levels. And trainers for some of the spells are so far away, it is a lot of times worth it to take that canister or book.

~RainbowDashRadical