Spell levels and regular levels

Vexivero

I started Za Khazi Run, and you can purchase level 4 spells. I'm wondering, what is the highest spell level you can buy for your character? I've seen scrolls that cast at level 20, surely it's not that high.

Also, does your character have unlimited levels? I was skimming a walkthrough and thought I saw the person say they had a level 100+ character.

Vexivero, who likes the name "Trollorael". I wonder if Alorael ever used that one.

The docs say that the highest spell level a store can sell is 19, but I haven't tested trying to push past that, and it's likely that you can, in principle.

The characters can go up to any level, but because enemies can't easily go past level 100, it's hard to go past level 100 naturally. The HLPM pushes god parties up to level 250.

Avernum 4, 5, and 6 do spells differently, unlike Avernum 1, 2, 3, Blades of Avernum, and Avernum: Escape from the Pit. For those 3 games additional spell levels means a slight increase in damage, healing, or spell duration and the level in a specific spell can go past 3. It doesn't pay to get extra levels of a specific spell since it only helps the one spell.

All the other games give extra effects at level 2 and 3.