Overly attached shaman

dumbum

I got Dedrik's quest but didn't want to do it. Sometime later, Dedrik started complaining in Avadon (I never take him out) so I presumed quest failed by itself. I even told Callan Dedrik didn't do the bad thing. But now I'm being sent back to hunt down rebel leader and Dedrik always appears. I can't get rid of this dude now. I tried talking to Callan, Kva spokesman, tribal shaman and Dedrik to no avail. There's no way to get rid of the quest by talking and I'm not gonna kill those Kvas, yet I don't want Dedrik cluttering my group.

How do I get rid of Dedrik's quest without finishing it? Is there a console command that'll erase/reset this quest or change my group members?

Also hello.

Whenever you go into a zone with an unfinished Hand quest in that zone, the Hand will appear. Then whine about you trying to sneak away without him/her. The quest is still there to complete until you reach the point of no return in the endgame.

I don't know of a way to get through the quest without finishing it other than telling then no when you get it. Maybe someone else has tried it.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You won't need it anymore and it will only confuse you when you play the games. :)

I got Dedrik's quest but didn't want to do it. Sometime later, Dedrik started complaining in Avadon (I never take him out) so I presumed quest failed by itself. I even told Callan Dedrik didn't do the bad thing. But now I'm being sent back to hunt down rebel leader and Dedrik always appears. I can't get rid of this dude now. I tried talking to Callan, Kva spokesman, tribal shaman and Dedrik to no avail. There's no way to get rid of the quest by talking and I'm not gonna kill those Kvas, yet I don't want Dedrik cluttering my group.

How do I get rid of Dedrik's quest without finishing it? Is there a console command that'll erase/reset this quest or change my group members?

Also hello.

Have you tried going back to the Blackwoods and expicitly telling jerkass shaman whatsisname that you won't do it?

You can fix event flag stuff, but you can't edit quest flags. You can probably get the fix you wanting by editing the event flags surrounding talking to Dedrik about the quest, then talking to him and refusing this time. That may clear the quest and associated tags. Or there may be more tags in the zone itself. Not sure.