2013 Christmas Wishlist

RainbowDashRadical

Its the time of year again, and everyone wants something stuffed in their stockings. So, what are wishing to get for Christmas? What do your kids want for Christmas? What are you going to buy for your best friend? This topic is all about gifts, so don't be shy! Post your wishes right here.

Here is mine:

PC Microphone

Turtle

new Taylor Swift CD, and Katy Perry's as well. Perhaps even rascal flatts, always wanted to own one of theirs

My Little Pony Season 1-3 collections

More clothes for next year

A job (I seriously need to start looking for one :p )

There's probably more I'd like, but those are the ones that come into mind.

~RainbowDashRadical

Edited by Dikiyoba
Dikiyoba fixed the title

Ugh. At my work we've had Christmas music playing for a week already. I don't even mind (too much) that it's WAY too early. What I do mind is how very few songs can fit on to a CD, and how very few CDs we are allowed to play. This year might actually see me break down completely.

As for actual gifts, if I get a few days off because I've finished my coursework early I'll be pleased. If not, I'll be working through it, pretty much.

My wishlist:

Pretty much just the financial side of dealing with college. As much as I'd like more shiny things, each shiny thing I get at this point is just going to make me feel worse with all that looming over me. I have enough to amuse me in my spare time and procrastination cycles.

You realize that now you will never get a custom title?

The secret is far more complicated than simply not talking about it.

You realize that now you will never get a custom title?

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTOOOOMMMMMMMMM TTTTTTTTTTIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTLLLEEESSS!!!

Idc if I might not get one, and what Iffy said might be true. Plus I've mentioned that cursed phrase about three times now; this I think is the fourth...

...actually, the fifth ^

l

l

-----

-Nightwatcher

Edited by Break

My family asks for a wishlist every year, and I always very ambivalent about it. Anything I really truly need, I buy myself (or don't wait until Christmas to ask for help to get). That leaves "wants" and there's not really much random stuff that I'm just dying have. Especially not that anyone can afford. A Lego Executor would be awesome to get, but I'm pretty sure no real people spend that much money on Legos. Since I don't really need more point cheap random knick-knacks lying around my apartment, it's a change to come up with things to put a list.

The other side of the coin is that as I've gotten a little older (20s, which I realize isn't "old," but it's older than I used to be! :D ), and come to have money of my own, I've learned that it really is, as the proverb says "more blessed to give than to receive." It may sound trite, but it's true! There is a sense of satisfaction to be found in giving to others that just isn't found in receiving more stuffs. As a kid, I was always totally focused on how much I would get - and it always left me feeling disappointed. At this point, writing up a wishlist forces me to invest in wanting stuff in a way I'd rather not do - it's ultimately more satisfying to dwell on what I can give others.

Edited by Triumph
Also, someone already gave me a custom title, so I have no reason to wish anything else ever. :P

Especially not that anyone can afford. A Lego Executor would be awesome to get, but I'm pretty sure no real people spend that much money on Legos.

Pretty sure Tyranicus has this set. And LOTS of others. There's one picture which is frankly ridiculous, and of which I'm very jealous. :p

Tyran has all the coolest toys. And gives great gifts.

Anyway, I'm also in the please-wait-until December 1st crowd. I get why stores do it- Thanksigiving is food related and doesn't really provide fodder for a seasonal aisle. They do the same thing with every holiday. This Christmas thing, though, is an across the board, general populous phenomenon. It dominates a good tenth of the year, and there's just not enough variety in the music or the decor or the message to justify that. It was never my favorite holiday, but its tendency to overtake half the winter is liable to turn me into a proper scrooge.

Pretty sure Tyranicus has this set. And LOTS of others. There's one picture which is frankly ridiculous, and of which I'm very jealous. :p

If I had both money and my own room, I would own the entire Lego Star Wars collection.

(also, how do I quote a post that has a quote already without losing the original quote?)

There's a Thief 4 ?! That's great, must get that.

And I must clear the academic arrears I've been accumulating over the years.

I think it's available now on PS4, as a demo, or maybe some rumors I've just heard. *shrugs* But the description from the trailer said that it will be out on 2014 on PC; let us just hope that it won't be released on 2014's winter.

-----

-Nightwatcher

I don't want anything for Christmas. Every day I work hard, so that if there is something I wish to physically obtain I can do so, and if there is something metaphysical that I wish to obtain I have a better chance of doing so as well.

Not trying to be a downer or anything, but Christmas isn't special at all to me. Every day when I wake up and am a little more knowledgeable, a little more skilled, a little more well-rounded, to me that's Christmas.

I suppose I just bought the first 3 Avernums 2 weeks ago, and I do want to buy the next 3 and the Geneforge bundle in the forseeable future. This doesn't mean I want to reserve it for December 25th, though. When the time is right I'll buy and enjoy them.

—Vexivero, who still is in support of this comment. In fact, this trolljob is kind of like Christmas in a way :)

I don't want anything for Christmas. Every day I work hard, so that if there is something I wish to physically obtain I can do so, and if there is something metaphysical that I wish to obtain I have a better chance of doing so as well.

I'm the same. I actually got asked what I wanted for Christmas, and the person asking doesn't believe me when I say nothing.

Ok here goes-

One-I want a genetically intelligent and artistic thadh that can sing christmas carols when I ask him to.

Two-I want Trajkov to come to my parents house and have a discussion on evolution with my family.

Three-I want Miranda to join up with Steven Sweeney the turncoat and try and see where their discussion leads. I will moderate to make sure no one casts any spells to aid their argument. No cheating is allowed!

Four-I want Slarty to stay a longer time as he is full of awesome and fun to have around!

Five-I want randomizer to become a mini boss in the next Avadon.

Six-I want a miniseries of one of jeff's games to happen sometime in my lifetime. I am 17 so 10 years is a good date to get everyone ready.

Seven-I want to explain the merits of playing fair in a poker game with Lagran. It is easy to cheat but is worth it to be honest.

Eight-I want more old school rpgs to come out in the future.

Nine-I want V for Vendetta to be required and mandatory to watch at all schools in the world.

Ten-I want Jeff Vogel and Tom Riegsecker to get together for coffee and discuss the merits of being awesome and full of vigor.

Eleven-I want to be able to cast magic so I can create chocolates to send to all forum members here!

Twelve-I want all Spiderweb members to live to 230 years old as per Christopher reeves cell reconstructive plan. Hopefully I can take it before I reach 42 years old.

Those are all the things I want. I lost track of a few of them but I think I might just be ducky, onward!