Getting out of Vardegras' lair

txmimi

I find that I'm quite the whiner tonight. . . Now I am at the part where the main character is trapped inside Vardegras the dragon's lair while he negotiates with Miranda. I've made it to the area with the bound infernal and have killed all the other critters that have appeared, but have no idea what to do next. I heard V and M arguing about the "pest in the lair" and assume that M is coming after me, but where and how and what do I do? I've found a post that makes reference to fighting the infernal, but that hasn't gone well at all. I could really use some help! Thanks!

Well, I saw a post that referred to something like this, and it's one of the things I've tried unsuccessfully to figure out. From the area with the infernal, there is one passage due east, one southeast and one due south. I tried them all and was either boxed in or immediately overtaken by the dragon. I am clearly not understanding what to do. . .

During this visit (you can come back later to take on the Dragon when you are more powerful) you are scurrying around, trying to find Miranda while avoiding the Dragon. There are two passages that leave the chamber of the infernal to the East. If you take the Southern most of those, you can scurry across the main chamber that the Dragon is in and get into another side chamber (just slightly South of a due East line from the passage that you exit from). You proceed to explore this chamber, find a passage out, scurry across the main chamber into another side chamber, and so on until you find Miranda.