Geneforge 2 - Shaper V Stanis

Fluff

(Alternate title: "I just killed Stanis, and you'll never guess how!")

So I recently found the Geneforge series on Steam since I last played it however long ago, and it took about 0 seconds internal debate before I bought it. I'm now on my second playthrough of Geneforge 2, this time as a power-made shaper with a mildly disturbing fondness for watching things die. Naturally his response to the whole "Avenge Shanti" topic was "...I'm legally allowed to kill you? Eeee!", the only setback being all the creations in the arena getting disabled, and that he was about as good at killing things personally as a wet paper bag. Well, I guess I appreciate a challenge.

Strategy #1: One super-statted cryoa with buffs. Result: Died in two hits.

Strategy #2: Lots of cryoa. Result: They all get dazed at the start, Stanis hits one, it attacks back, he kills it, repeat until no more cryoa. Frustratingly, with haste spores and war-blessing, they managed to reduce him to 14 health on one attempt, at which point my shaper failed to do any damage whatsoever.

Strategy #3: Lots of cryoa, who I attacked myself to un-daze them. Result: A load of guards arrive to murder me. Hm. Didn't think they cared that much about creations in Rising.

Strategy #4: Lots of cryoa, who attack Stanis before I talk to him to get a round without being dazed. Result: Same as strategy #3.

Strategy #5: Shameless abuse of the system. Identify the exact area where cryoa start being dazed, and have most of them wait behind this point, with a few acting as meat-shields to let me survive starting the fight. Result: The meat-shields die, I walk off to the essence pool in the city, make some replacements, and come back. Stanis politely waits too far away to attack without entering the arena, so after some blessing spells and haste spores, I send cryoa in one at a time, pulling them out to be healed after they are attacked once, wearing down that obnoxious "guardian" into a chilly red smear. His death scream was one of the most satisfying moments in the entire game for me.

A bit of shamless bragging, but I do feel rather proud. I suspect that if I were good at mechanics I'd have some way of disabling the creation control in the arena, but who needs mechanics when you have a flood of cannon-fodder, right?

I suspect that if I were good at mechanics I'd have some way of disabling the creation control in the arena, but who needs mechanics when you have a flood of cannon-fodder, right?

Yeah, I think if you just follow where the "wires" go from the arena you'll find a little room where you can sabotage it.