Hibernating race in Escape (possible spoilers)

In Escape I encountered a hibernating race. I cant remember exactly where, but it was some fortress or crypt where they were sleeping and notices saying they would awake one day.

I completed Escape but didnt find any quests which involved them (the game ended with them still in hibernation)

Now Im playing Avernum 6 (both on ipad), and I see theres a member of this race milling about in The Castle

Is there some quest I missed in Escape?

Or maybe there's normally a game in between Escape and AV6 thats not on iPad yet?

I'm just curious how the story-line developed, for them to suddenly reappear in Avernum

What you saw in Avernum: Escape from the Pit was foreshadowing of a race you will meet in Avernum 2: The Crystal Souls. There are other hints in the game.

Avernum: Escape from the Pit is a remake of Avernum 1 with some new material. Avernum 6 is the final game in the series. So there are 4 other games in between with Avernum 2 remake coming out in late 2014.