Max Accuracy

Pretty sure that's not the case, but I can't back that up atm. Of course, some stats that increase accuracy will also increase damage. And some games have damage caps. Which game were you asking about specifically? A2?

More the first Avernum trilogy than anything else, but I actually want to know this for any game in which it'd come into question.

If I think a stat maxes at 95% accuracy, I'd use skill points elsewhere. If I think I get bonus damage I'd spend them there.

Accuracy isn't a stat per se. Accuracy is influenced by a bunch of stats. Many of those stats also influence damage. Even after you increase those stats to the point that you hit the accuracy cap, they keep increasing damage.

So yes, sort of, but it's not that increasing accuracy increases damage; it's that the same stats increase both.

At least, that's how I understand it from the skill descriptions, which I haven't verified with real data.

Accuracy isn't a stat per se. Accuracy is influenced by a bunch of stats. Many of those stats also influence damage. Even after you increase those stats to the point that you hit the accuracy cap, they keep increasing damage.

So yes, sort of, but it's not that increasing accuracy increases damage; it's that the same stats increase both.

At least, that's how I understand it from the skill descriptions, which I haven't verified with real data.

Right, I meant the stat that influences accuracy. It's helpful to know that the skills/stats actually do influence damage too. Hard to tell.