A2 - Move Mountains - World Map?

Okay, so I figured out that big stalgtites can be destroyed with the Move Mountains spell, which I now have tier 3 of.

So I figured the inaccessible path NE of Fort Dranlon that is blocked by a big stalagtite would be the same thing... but it seems like I can't use Move Mountains on the world map, even with tier 3.

This is fairly specific (going to try to find a map for reference), but does anyone know what to do to get around this?

I see a group of what looks like wights or something just north of it, but it's blocked by a huge pit and more stalgtites...

Okay, found a map, but going to have to specify the location (for those who don't recall the precise location of Fort Dranlon): http://nikkis-nook.hallsofchaos.net/Avernum/mainmap2.html

Okay, if you can locate where the words "Small Slith Fort" are- it's in the tile immediately to the south-east.

Specifically, in that tile, it's at the very northernmost edge. It's the part leading off into a narrow tunnel that is accessible from the landmass of Fort Dranlon.

Hope that wasn't super confusing.

Okay, well you'll find more complete maps here:

Avernum Annotated Maps

I couldn't find the exact spot you're describing, but if there's a pit it's probably accessible once you get the Orb of Thralni, which gives you the power of flight.

You are correct that Move Mountains is useless outdoors.

Okay, well you'll find more complete maps here:

Avernum Annotated Maps

I couldn't find the exact spot you're describing, but if there's a pit it's probably accessible once you get the Orb of Thralni, which gives you the power of flight.

You are correct that Move Mountains is useless outdoors.

: |

Derp.

Got the Orb of Thralni less than an hour ago, but since I've played A1 I knew it existed.

For whatever reason using it did not occur to me.

Thanks, both.