Fun With Attributes

Shogo

Truth be told, this is probably something that's been known since the first Avadon . . . But I still wanted to share something I found far more neat than I likely should have.

The maximum value you can raise an attribute.

Normally, without cheating, you can only reach this value if you put EVERY point you get on leveling up into a SINGLE attribute.

You'll either hit the limit, be one point short, or have one point to spare. It all depends on if the attribute in question is a 10, 11, or 12 after the free boosts you gain leveling up.

Anyways . . . Most of the time attributes will max out at 40. Shamans, Sorcerers/Sorceresses, and Tinkermages will have 40s across the board.

Blademasters and Shadowwalkers will instead have 39 Intelligence, 40 Endurance and Dexterity, and 41 Strength.

I don't know if it's intentional or a quirk, as we're not really supposed to have maxed out attributes . . . But I still like that the warrior classes top out with higher strength and lower intelligence than the mage classes. Even if it isn't a huge difference.

Naturally, you can go beyond that limit if you have stat boosting equipment and scarabs.

--------------------

Just something I wanted to share. Partially because I'm just so damned used to the various stats in a Spiderweb game topping out at 30.