Chabon

krock

Which time?

Hunting Chabon is a three part quest. The first time he flees east into the security cells area and then stands at the stairs to the Deep Cells protected by 4 turrets. You get to chases him deeper into the Cells that make up the Dungeon.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. At least that what the voices tell me. :)

When i go down the stairs, the door is locked, this sound like a bug to me, since we were actively chassing Chabon and then bam i'm stuck and there's no explanation.

Possible cause to possible bug; I left battle mid-combat with the turrets, came back, last 2 turrets were still there but back to being friendly. I went down the stairs. Gate locked. Autosave bring me back to before i zoned back in to the dungeon floor 1, so i can't restart dungeon floor 1...

Am i supposed to be able to continue?

To keep chasing him, you have to talk to Eye Mamora. (I think that's his name.)

He's the one that has the deeper sections of Avadon's dungeons opened up so that you can continue chasing Chabon.

Just a heads up . . . Like a lot of multi-part quests, you can't do it all at once. Only when the game thinks you've gotten far enough into the story that it thinks you can handle the next part.

Thanks. All the other multi sent me directly to a npc or popped a windows saying a hint like "oh, hmm, may have to go talk to X before i can continue." or bluntly, a npc says : "comme back when youre less puny/more seasoned". I talked to the Eye interrogator since she is the one responsible for Chabon and she didnt say anything.

I had forgot about that anoying Mamora, thanks i'm good to go :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the hunt for Chabon, too. I have just defeated some Augmented thugs, and almost got Chabon, guess what... He managed to close another gate in front of me at the last minute... He says: I hope there's an exit down there" and walks down the stairs . I can't figure out how to open the gate... Help :)

edit:

I have just found out that I had to report to EyE Mamora, and I was told to come back later when I am more experienced...

I have a question regarding the Tinkermage reward for finishing the Chabon quest.

(Spoilers)

I beat Chabon, Redbeard came down and froze him, but then I couldn't find the Tinkermage shortblade listed in the Synergizer list, which I assume is the Tinkermage reward. I was able to get the new scarab from Eye Mamora. Am I missing a hidden box with the shortblade in it? Do I have to find where Redbead stowed Chabon? Any help would be appreciated.

The Tinkermage shortblade appears in the inventory of the PC or a Hand. There is also a brief message in the text box at the screen's bottom mentioning it.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It will make room for the board's insanity. :)

• 5 months later...