New Avadon-Themed Titles

*i

Sadly there are now no Postmasters General, nor are there likely to be anytime in any kind of reasonable timeframe.

—Alorael, who has ruined the titles, and his usual sad custom titles rant, by biting the bullet and titling himself helpfully.

We all know that Postmaster General was, for all intents and purposes, your custom title. Also, you're getting a bit close to Your Postliness. The post count needs to be raised.

We all know that Postmaster General was, for all intents and purposes, your custom title. Also, you're getting a bit close to Your Postliness. The post count needs to be raised.

My understanding was that the main goal is to keep him from reaching the top title. Of course, I was also under the impression that he was supposed to be deprived of a custom title, too, so what do I know?

I'm not sure Alorael was supposed to be deprived, per se, but rather that he just never got one in the first place. Upon gaining the power to give himself one, he didn't (at least, for a long while).

EDIT: and so another thread has become dedicated to the mythos of Alorael.

I wanted one given by Drakey and Drakey didn't want to give it because I was his opportunity to assign silly post-count titles that were, effectively, for one person only. Fun facts: most of the original levels have now been reached by quite a few members, and Lilith is actually probably on track to unseat me as the postliest in a few years.

—Alorael, who gave himself a custom title eventually because he could. Actually, he experimented with frequently changing titles, but that was just a little bit too much ever-changing effort. He settled on the blandest title instead.

I wanted one given by Drakey and Drakey didn't want to give it because I was his opportunity to assign silly post-count titles that were, effectively, for one person only. Fun facts: most of the original levels have now been reached by quite a few members, and Lilith is actually probably on track to unseat me as the postliest in a few years.

all i have to do is keep posting once for every time you post, and then post a few thousand times elsewhere on top of that

hmmmm. you don't usually post much in very contentious threads. maybe if somebody starts a big argument about something and i get involved

All I need to do is keep posting and deleting my own posts a few dozen times a day to protect my lead. Or lower my standards.

—Alorael, whose signature represents a significant barrier to spamming. He always needs a second sentence. Plus all that time spent on the shift key that Lilith is able to avoid means he's at an inherent disadvantage.

Perhaps the most optimal spammer is one who can rapidly post concise statements that only look like they're saying something useful.

Yes. I got there years ago. I don't even look at the screen when posting, nor do I read posts. I just pull out my algorithm for feigning insight and relevance, bang out some pithy words, and +1 post count!

—Alorael, who believes this may even have been the original intent behind the script Aran wrote that became, well, him. Or maybe it's a side effect of all the skribbane. See, gimmicks are great post fodder, but eventually the pile up on one another, become recursive, and then managing the gimmicks is more trouble than they're worth.

this seemed like it was some kind of really profound statement until i realised it was just a typo

If anyone asks me, I'm claiming it's a koan.

—Alorael, who will also have to give strange, meaningless responses if anyone presses him on what a koan actually is. Which is appropriate, actually.